Battery Problems After Rooting

Reaction score
So a few hours ago I decided what the hell, I'll root my Bionic. It's been pretty reliable as is, but there are a few small tweaks I'd like to make. So I go through and use the one click root method I've been reading about and BAM! It's done. I look at it again and the [extended] battery was now from 50% to 5% WTF? Did rooting destroy the battery? Did it format some part of the battery memory so that it thinks its at 5% though its at 50%?

This has me real bummed out. Any fixes? Any reasons for why this did what it did?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Root does absolutely nothing to batteries. All it did was extend your access rights. Did you charge the battery to full a few times? The meter can be off the first few days as it gets used to life as a robot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tbell6

Reaction score
Get Battery Calibrater App. Use as directed. It seems to calibrate phone to optimally charge the battery, and improves reporting of how much is left to use. If you hasn't installed th3ory's ROM, you might check out circle battery app, reports battery in 1% increments.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yiannis

Reaction score
Get Battery Monitor Widget for free. It allows you to calibrate your battery and gives a log of charge/discharge every 5 minutes. Nice graphs too.