Battery Problem???

dvernik

Reaction score
alright guys, i just got my droid 2 global yesterday and i am absolutly thrilled with it! its great! BUT, the battery drains super fast. I got advanced task killer and set the setting to kill when its auto kill level is crazy and auto kill frequency is when screen is off. After i kill everything it all comes back in a few minutes even if i dont open anything The battery only lasts about 5 hours. and i only use it for like 1 hour and 4 on standby. The brightness is at like 0. i looked online for solutions but they didnt help. im at home so the phone is hooked up to wi-fi.
I really like this phone and i dont want to return it because of the battery.

OP
D

dvernik

Reaction score
oh also, i go to battery usage and it says android system and then android OS... whats the difference

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
alright guys, i just got my droid 2 global yesterday and i am absolutly thrilled with it! its great! BUT, the battery drains super fast. I got advanced task killer and set the setting to kill when its auto kill level is crazy and auto kill frequency is when screen is off. After i kill everything it all comes back in a few minutes even if i dont open anything The battery only lasts about 5 hours. and i only use it for like 1 hour and 4 on standby. The brightness is at like 0. i looked online for solutions but they didnt help. im at home so the phone is hooked up to wi-fi.
I really like this phone and i dont want to return it because of the battery.

uninstall advanced task killer it is a battery killer......

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
NONE the D2 is set up with its on TK built in so the other market TK will actually kill your battery

Phosphorous

Reaction score
Where do I find the Task Killer that is already on my phone? Is it called something else?

I don't understand why apps like the camera don't have a "Close" or "Quit" option. The only way to exit seems to be hitting the 'back' key which seems to leave the app running and draining the battery.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Did you read the link I gave you? Task killers are bad.

Even that one. And the other one. And any other one. ALL OF THEM. Yes, that one too.

Task killers are bad! :)

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Where do I find the Task Killer that is already on my phone? Is it called something else?

I don't understand why apps like the camera don't have a "Close" or "Quit" option. The only way to exit seems to be hitting the 'back' key which seems to leave the app running and draining the battery.

go to settings then applications then running services from there you can force stop any app you like.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Seems to, yes.

Funny, it doesn't actually do that. I wonder if anyone posted a link earlier this this thread to a different thread that has the answer on how Android works so you don't have to worry about that... :)

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

Seems to, yes.

Funny, it doesn't actually do that. I wonder if anyone posted a link earlier this this thread to a different thread that has the answer on how Android works so you don't have to worry about that... :)

Hummm could it be? Say it aint so....dancedroid

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
just leave it alone it will kill the apps it needs to kill there buddy