battery problem, or software

beneharris

Reaction score
edit with better info:

over the last few days i have noticed a HUGE decrease in my battery performance. (i created a thread about this in the droid forum, but had no hits so i figured i would do it here).

i have no idea why it is doing this, nothing has changed. i charged my phone last night, and i am using batterygraph, and it shwos that it was at 100% for about three minutes, then it dropped to 90. it was off the charger from about 10 oclock, to 1:30 when i went to bed, i turned it off. i had sent maybe 30 texts that entire time.

i turned it on this morning, went to class, did not turn the screen on once, now its at 80. i did a few things, like download an app, run a few lines of code through terminal emulator, now im at 60.

this seems completely crappy after 4 hours of being on since charging.

any ideas what may be causing this? im running bb .9, the only widget i have is setcpu, and pandora, but pandora isn't running. ive even turned my overclock off from 800mhz, bazck down to stock to see if that helps. so far it hasn't

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
edit with better info:

over the last few days i have noticed a HUGE decrease in my battery performance. (i created a thread about this in the droid forum, but had no hits so i figured i would do it here).

i have no idea why it is doing this, nothing has changed. i charged my phone last night, and i am using batterygraph, and it shwos that it was at 100% for about three minutes, then it dropped to 90. it was off the charger from about 10 oclock, to 1:30 when i went to bed, i turned it off. i had sent maybe 30 texts that entire time.

i turned it on this morning, went to class, did not turn the screen on once, now its at 80. i did a few things, like download an app, run a few lines of code through terminal emulator, now im at 60.

this seems completely crappy after 4 hours of being on since charging.

any ideas what may be causing this? im running bb .9, the only widget i have is setcpu, and pandora, but pandora isn't running. ive even turned my overclock off from 800mhz, bazck down to stock to see if that helps. so far it hasn't

Couple things to check. Settings: about phone: battery use. Is there anything there using alot of your battery, besides the display?

another, setting: applications: running services. Is there anything there that's might be stuck running that shouldn't be?

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
yeah thats what is weird, nothing is running that shouldn't be.

although i just checked, and oddly enough, the gallery has used 18 percent of my battery, but i havent used the gallery in days :/ and its on auto kill from my task manager

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Task manager........what task manager?? that is weird your gallery is using so much.....definately could be the issue.

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
the task manager im using is just called "Task manager" the little android is holding the red "x"
first one on the search.

this is the first time ive noticed the gallery doing this.

another one of myp roblems is the battery won't fully charge. i have a heck of a time getting the charge to 100 percent, and as soon as it gets there, about 2 minutes later im at 90 percent.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Gallery is one program that is always running and auto re-starts as it is needed for something do not ask me what. So Task Manager is using all your battery trying to kill it all the time. Take it off the kill list and try again.

Esit: better still dump the Task Manager and get Juice defender.

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
ok, ill give that a shot. i actually got the task manager trying to keep the battery usage down, so its been a problem even before i installed it.

and htat still doesn't account for the charging problem either. i realize that i have had the phone for 6 months, it may just be starting to wear out, but that doens't sound likely

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
i figured out what it is. its the 2.1 update. i caught it downlaoding. my phone was sitting idle nad the cpu was at 100 degrees. i had never been able to catch it in the act before.

now i just gotta get rid of it...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i figured out what it is. its the 2.1 update. i caught it downlaoding. my phone was sitting idle nad the cpu was at 100 degrees. i had never been able to catch it in the act before.

now i just gotta get rid of it...
So the OTA is trying to download....go to droidmod.org they have steps to stop that. Should work the same if on clockowrk too.