Battery Problem continues, HELP!!!!!

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Well i have had great battery service from the time i got this droid in Nov, but now it has gone south, at night i turn the droid off with a full charge and when i wake up its down 40% and this morning 50%.
Ok so i figured it must be a bad battery but what i dont get is that it runs just fine while its powered up.

Please advise.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed that you actually have that much left at the end of any day. I'm also amazed that you turn it off. ;)

Other people have reported losing power with the Droid off. It's not a bad battery it's just that it's a very high tech phone and goes through a battery rather quickly. Best suggestion is to charge it at night, then you have full power for the day.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
what else are you running? what rom? what active apps?

I'm amazed that you actually have that much left at the end of any day. I'm also amazed that you turn it off. ;)

Other people have reported losing power with the Droid off. It's not a bad battery it's just that it's a very high tech phone and goes through a battery rather quickly. Best suggestion is to charge it at night, then you have full power for the day.

Smoked Glass 5.0, can find no app that would do this.

Hook what the hell are you talking about??? When I turn the droid off before sleep 10:pm i make sure it has a full charge, when i wake up 5:00am and power it up its down 50%

ShowTime

Reaction score
If it drains that much battery overnight while it's off, but runs normally while it's on... why would you ever turn it off? :confused:
I know I've seen other posts with people saying they were losing significant charge overnight while the phone was off. I don't know that I've seen any consensus on why or any solution, other than just letting it charge overnight.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
If it drains that much battery overnight while it's off, but runs normally while it's on... why would you ever turn it off? :confused:
I know I've seen other posts with people saying they were losing significant charge overnight while the phone was off. I don't know that I've seen any consensus on why or any solution, other than just letting it charge overnight.

I will not turn it off anymore but i would sure like to know why after 4 months of great battery performance now this.:mad:

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time understanding this problem. Leave your phone on, and on the charger at night, problem solved. Now if you have a quickly discharging battery during the day, when it's on, then thats a problem.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time understanding this problem. Leave your phone on, and on the charger at night, problem solved. Now if you have a quickly discharging battery during the day, when it's on, then thats a problem.

Whats hard to understand about this? I never owned a smartphone before that i could not power off or had to run 24/7 to keep a charge.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hook what the hell are you talking about??? When I turn the droid off before sleep 10:pm i make sure it has a full charge, when i wake up 5:00am and power it up its down 50%

I admit a 50% loss is way too much. I kind of wondered why you were sticking your tongue out at me, lol now I see what happened.

I have read other threads where people report huge losses like you're describing. I did some research so I could give you a helpful response this time and from I read it is a hardware issue if it doesn't pass this test:

Simple test
1. power phone to 100% - enable "Power Off" - wait 6 hours - check battery status --> mine typically drained from 100% to 70%.
2. power phone to 100% - enable "Flight Mode" - wait 6 hours - check battery status --> mine held its charge 100%.

If you get results similar then you probably want to exchange the phone.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score

I admit a 50% loss is way too much. I kind of wondered why you were sticking your tongue out at me, lol now I see what happened.

I have read other threads where people report huge losses like you're describing. I did some research so I could give you a helpful response this time and from I read it is a hardware issue if it doesn't pass this test:

Simple test
1. power phone to 100% - enable "Power Off" - wait 6 hours - check battery status --> mine typically drained from 100% to 70%.
2. power phone to 100% - enable "Flight Mode" - wait 6 hours - check battery status --> mine held its charge 100%.

If you get results similar then you probably want to exchange the phone.

Thanks hook:) my only concern was this problem just came out of no where as the battery was fine before this for over 4months. So i will exchange it.

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I had an issue with the battery a few weeks ago. Went from full charge to warning me that it was almost empty in 30 minutes or so. Turned the phone off and turned back on and was ok.

Today phone was nearly fully charged and left on for 2 hours...return to phone and battery says only 20% charge remaining! :icon_eek:

powered down and pulled the battery out. Powered back up and still low battery reading. :icon_evil:

evilsock

Reaction score
maybe we all have virus's's's or tracking cookies, thatd be cool......this is a joke before anyone rips on me

jozhua

Reaction score
For giggles, you should power it up to 100%, pull the battery out & leave it out overnight, then see what the reading is when you pop it back in the next morning.