Battery problem caused by Droid Overclock?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
OK I'm not pointing fingers, I'll just describe my issue and you can draw your own conclusions.

My battery was draining fast while in standby, and when I picked up my phone after it had sat for a long period of time, I could feel it was warm, as if I had been playing a video game on it for 15 minutes or so.

I saw a post here that said to install amoseyan tweaks, so I downloaded them, made a backup and flashed them. When my phone finished rebooting, everything came back up normal, but after 30 seconds or so it would completely reboot, all the way back to the moto logo.

I quickly restored my backup, and when it rebooted...the same thing happened. I watched my phone, and noticed that the instant the notification that Droid Overclock received superuser permissions my phone rebooted. So when my phone came back up I used the 30 seconds to uninstall Droid Overclock.

Now my phone runs well, and my battery is back to normal, 12-14 hours use and I'm still on 40%.

To answer your questions, I had my phone on ULV 1.15, the exact same settings I ran my phone on for at least 3 months without issue.

berto1014

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. I've noticed instability but always associated it with bugs in CM7 nightlies. Battery blows, I get about 12 hours before I need a recharge at best. I wonder if I should uninstall it before I try the latest nightly on CM7. I think I will and I will report back after a day or so on battery life and stability.

Let me know how it works out for you.

randyb69

Reaction score
I reset my overclock to stock, uninstalled android overclock, rebooted and it ran a little slow for my taste compared to overclocked.

I decided to reinstall quick overclock, something I haven't used in months. I am overclocked at 1.1ghz... ill report back tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
OK I'm not pointing fingers, I'll just describe my issue and you can draw your own conclusions.

My battery was draining fast while in standby, and when I picked up my phone after it had sat for a long period of time, I could feel it was warm, as if I had been playing a video game on it for 15 minutes or so.

I saw a post here that said to install amoseyan tweaks, so I downloaded them, made a backup and flashed them. When my phone finished rebooting, everything came back up normal, but after 30 seconds or so it would completely reboot, all the way back to the moto logo.

I quickly restored my backup, and when it rebooted...the same thing happened. I watched my phone, and noticed that the instant the notification that Droid Overclock received superuser permissions my phone rebooted. So when my phone came back up I used the 30 seconds to uninstall Droid Overclock.

Now my phone runs well, and my battery is back to normal, 12-14 hours use and I'm still on 40%.

To answer your questions, I had my phone on ULV 1.15, the exact same settings I ran my phone on for at least 3 months without issue.

I have seen issues from people running the newest version of Droid Overclock (the one where it was renamed Android Overclock) causing this to happen. I personally use Quick Clock Advanced and it works flawlessly. Yeah the UI is a little MSDOS looking, but it works great and sets at boot just fine. Plus this app will calibrate itself to what your processor can handle so you can learn the lowest voltage to help with battery and still increase performance.

randyb69

Reaction score
I used quick clock all day as I stated I would. To be honest I haven't seen any increase in battery, and if anything, it was far worse then using Droid overclock. Just my experience tho.

Chillout

Reaction score
I noticed a huge difference in battery life when I was running Droid overclock..my battery was being crushed. I uninstalled it and the difference was very noticeable. fortunately with this rom I don't seem to need DO like I did with Liberty..it's very snappy as is so far.

fixxxer0

Reaction score
I noticed a huge difference in battery life when I was running Droid overclock..my battery was being crushed. I uninstalled it and the difference was very noticeable. fortunately with this rom I don't seem to need DO like I did with Liberty..it's very snappy as is so far.

\ i have an extended battery and i am only able to get 10-12 hours max out of it, and im undervolted to 50vsel @1ghz using droid overclock/android overclock

has anyone noticed an improvement after uninstalling??? maybe this is the problem??/

ABQNM

Reaction score

\ i have an extended battery and i am only able to get 10-12 hours max out of it, and im undervolted to 50vsel @1ghz using droid overclock/android overclock

has anyone noticed an improvement after uninstalling??? maybe this is the problem??/

I just replied about battery life on your post in another thread, but I wanted to add that I do not use Android Overclock. I use Quick Clock Advanced.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Come to think of it. My battery started going to crap with the new Droid overclock as well.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I don't use it anymore on the X, but I believe only the newest version, the one renamed android overclock, is the problem one. I was using the previous version back on nightly 17 just fine.

Posted wirelessly from the magic handheld forum machine.

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
i think i know what the problem is. ive used various versions of droid overclock and ive noticed in all of them that when i set my DX to "stock" settings, the min speed is 350mhz.. a full 50 above what its supposed to be. i think the medium slot is higher too. when this is happening our phones are using more juice for that 50mhz, you guys might check your settings.