Battery Poll - Your area & battery life

w0lfinator

Reaction score
I made a few tweaks to my TB yesterday and I rocked 12 hours and ended at 50% with moderate to minimal use.

I switched Facebook "Refresh Interval" to 'Never'(within the Facebook app).
I also turned my GPS off.

The app "Tasker" also seems like a true Godsend. I am able to have my Wifi turned on when I am in range of my home or work Wifi. This is done in a very battery efficient way and Wifi saves battery over 4/3G.

The battery life is simply incredible now.

jawa6969

Reaction score
I would be curious to know the set up of those with horrible battery life in the 4g area. How many widgets and brightness level of the screen and what not. There are so many variables at play here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

slinky

Reaction score
I would be curious to know the set up of those with horrible battery life in the 4g area. How many widgets and brightness level of the screen and what not. There are so many variables at play here.
Just posted my large 35% battery drop in under two hours, no usage.

- No widgets except for an agenda that displays the next few events on my calendar
- Auto brightness (does a good job and irrelevant when phone not used)
- 4G area
- About half the usage was the Android OS and 20% is "standby", whatever that means

Looks like my phone is being drained by something, poor battery life in airplane mode and using MP3, perhaps due to the small battery and inefficiency. Using the iPhone 4 as a comparison, it is rated at 40 hours for music. Even if you only get 30, I might get 8-10 hours of music with the Thunderbolt

Going into the store, I'm guessing they will swap out something. Will keep you guys updated.

DaveB722

Reaction score
I agree, to many variables. After 9.5hours I was at 46% yesterday. Battery seems to be gettin stronger. I'm in a 3g only area and used WiFi for about 90% of the day yesterday. Screen is around 30%. Only widget I'm using besides the clock/weather is the friends stream in sense. It updates every 2. Gmail, yahoo mail every 2. Pulse news app running as well. Coming from a d1 rooted with miui, this has excellent battery life. I also bump charged it yesterday so that may have helped. I'm pretty happy so far, we will see when I get 4G in my area though.

cwininger

Reaction score

i have bad battery life, and my setup is pretty normal. i dont even use facebook. i have weather and news set to auto-sync. i use the sense mail app to sync two accounts every 15 minutes. i'm using the sense mail/message/clock and weather widgets, as well as a more icons widget and the stock power control widget. i have the screen set to auto-brite. i don't use wifi at all and i do keep gps turned on. never use bluetooth. yesterday i used the nav for about 20 minutes unplugged, surfed on 4g for about 10 minutes, and talked for about an hour. i was in a 3g area 85% of the day. other than that, i texted a little, read a few emails, etc. no games, no movies, no music. that activity got me from 8:30 am to about 6pm, when the message popped up that i needed to charge.

that sounds like a pretty generic profile to me, i definitely don't consider myself a heavy user. i never even thought about battery life on my DX. i'm
going to give this another week to see if we get a firmware tweak or something, and if not i might take this thing back...

metzor

Reaction score

i have bad battery life, and my setup is pretty normal. i dont even use facebook. i have weather and news set to auto-sync. i use the sense mail app to sync two accounts every 15 minutes. i'm using the sense mail/message/clock and weather widgets, as well as a more icons widget and the stock power control widget. i have the screen set to auto-brite. i don't use wifi at all and i do keep gps turned on. never use bluetooth. yesterday i used the nav for about 20 minutes unplugged, surfed on 4g for about 10 minutes, and talked for about an hour. i was in a 3g area 85% of the day. other than that, i texted a little, read a few emails, etc. no games, no movies, no music. that activity got me from 8:30 am to about 6pm, when the message popped up that i needed to charge.

that sounds like a pretty generic profile to me, i definitely don't consider myself a heavy user. i never even thought about battery life on my DX. i'm
going to give this another week to see if we get a firmware tweak or something, and if not i might take this thing back...

See, that's why this poll is unreliable. It's all about people's expectations. You said your battery life is "bad". What you're describing is word for word (minus the 10 minutes of 4g) what I do on my OG droid on an average day, and my battery life is the same as you described also. If I can get something similar on my TB (arrives today), I would consider that a pleasant surprise.