Battery percentage

Dxun

Reaction score
Is there any way to see actual battery percentage? Only thing I'm seeing is that bar in "about phone".

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

valorfive

Reaction score
I ended up downloading an app called Battery Indicator that shows it in the top task bar

jawa6969

Reaction score
The battery left widget is absolutely awesome IMHO. It calibrates to your battery so it will give accurate readings. I know it's not a percentage up in the battery icon and it's a widget but it works really really well.

Reaction score
The battery left widget is absolutely awesome IMHO. It calibrates to your battery so it will give accurate readings. I know it's not a percentage up in the battery icon and it's a widget but it works really really well.

I second Battery Left as the best one out there, and it is free (unless you want to calibrate two different batteries for it to recognize and read, then you need to get the pro version). It tells you everything you could want to know about your battery, and is highly customizable. I tried several battery widgets and found it to be the most attractive looking and most functional for what I wanted to know. I refer to it so much that I put in on my home screen right under the clock/weather widget. And I prefer it to just seeing the percentage up in the status bar (although there are several apps/widgets in the market that do that as well if that's what you are looking for). Other choices in the market to look into include BatteryTime Lite, BatteryLife, and Battery Widget.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Circle battery widget. Does not need calibrating, works for most phones/roms, and it reads the battery level from a system file. Plus it is customizable as well.

Reaction score
Circle battery widget. Does not need calibrating, works for most phones/roms, and it reads the battery level from a system file. Plus it is customizable as well.

The reason Battery Left calibrates is so it can give accurate predictions of time to give you readings, not just a remaining percentage. I have it set up so that the colors change as it drains, and mine says the percentage, how much time is left, and what time it is estimated to die based on my usage (all in the widget display) when unplugged, and when I have it plugged in it says how long it has left to reach 100% and at what time it is estimated to be full, and when you tap the widget you can get usage and history. Its really convenient and does not seem to drain any battery life at all.

Reaction score
if you root and install a de-odexed rom, you can have the super circle battery, which shows all 100 % increments..

http://uot.dakra.lt/

2qva6fm.png

laibal

Reaction score
I'm new to this. But I have a rooted 5.9.901 bionic and I like the stock rom. However I would like to change the battery indicator to show the percentage like some of the custom roms have. Is there anyway to do this besides installing an additional app?

Thanks

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am not aware of a mod to do this...I have an app installed from the market (yes, an additional app :)) called Battery Monitor which will work as a widget on your homescreen or place the % reading in the notification bar...

brainwash1

Reaction score
Droid Junk has posted some mods at MyDroidForums. My screenschot shows my 1% battery, black status bar and notification toggles that his tools provide.
a6f80d1e-26ca-4959.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kurumatt

Reaction score
Droid Junk has posted some mods at MyDroidForums. My screenschot shows my 1% battery, black status bar and notification toggles that his tools provide.
a6f80d1e-26ca-4959.jpg

Do you have a link?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
@brainwash...nice!

laibal

Reaction score
Looks like you need to Deodex for that mod. Brainwash how did you do the deodexing I found the info over at my droid world but not sure how to flash the deodexed file.

Thanks for any help

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
When I first got my Bionic, I got the 1% battery incriments working on it thanks to some stuff over on xda. Honestly man, I wouldn't go through all of the hassle, especially when it comes time to update your OTA, because the stuff needed to get the 1% battery does not play nice with updates (I.E. completely stock and not rooted, I still couldn't update, had to SBF to bone stock).

brainwash1

Reaction score
Droid Junk also posted a zip that handled deadening for me.