Battery Percentage and Froyo

ChosenZero

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the exact battery percentage on Froyo? bc I downloaded apps that say they do, but they don't! Any suggestions? :eek: or anyway? Bc I looked for ages, and nothing works!!

-Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the exact battery percentage on Froyo? bc I downloaded apps that say they do, but they don't! Any suggestions? :eek: or anyway? Bc I looked for ages, and nothing works!!

-Mike

Nope. You get it in 10% increments.

Mind if I ask why that would be important?

OP
C

ChosenZero

Reaction score
Bc It was always useful to know the exact percentage, bc there is a difference between 10 % and like 3 % - I mean, if it's able to read that it's at 10, isnt there a way to read in between? Is it a Froyo thing? or a Android thing in general?

Taegost

Reaction score
I use the Battery Left widget, it will learn your habits and battery and give you an estimate on how much juice is left. After a few days of calibration, it was actually pretty accurate until I got my extended battery... But I can't blame the widget, the OS reads it like a standard battery, so at the end of the work day it'll show only 20-40% left, but if I reboot the phone, it'll show 70-90% left :)
The widget will also show other information as well, such as battery temp and time until the battery runs out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bc It was always useful to know the exact percentage, bc there is a difference between 10 % and like 3 % - I mean, if it's able to read that it's at 10, isnt there a way to read in between? Is it a Froyo thing? or a Android thing in general?

I understand. I just wait for it to give me the 15% warning and then I either change batteries or put it on a charger. I suppose I could see where someone might want to know right where there at if they were running low.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean, if it's able to read that it's at 10, isnt there a way to read in between?
Depends on what's restricting increments to 10%. If it's the app itself, yes. If the hardware or firmware report in 10% increments then it really doesn't matter what the app does.