Battery only showing 0% even after charging for 8 hours

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Oh boy, now I'm really confused. I swear that 94 referred to your phone as a Razr but I look back and it is just not there. That's what happens when you're running on no sleep for almost 40 hours.Wow...glad I don't have to operate heavy machinery, lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Its because the post started out for a razr :cool: your not crazy lol. Its okay, its about time for me to go to bed too. I have 5.5 miles an ab routine, lifting, and Tabata staring me in the face again for in the morning. But that's 5 days sometimes 6 days a week :eek: but I don't feel worth a dang unless I do it. I have to do it. Good night!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Never kill this battery. This was a li-ion thing... this is a Li-po battery. ;)

Slight correction; This was a Nickel Cadmium thing...This is a Li-Po Pouch cell battery. LiPo batteries don't have "memory" so no need to deplete. :icon_ nono2: Instead, depleting is a BIG no-no. :icon_ nono:

:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Slight correction; This was a Nickel Cadmium thing...This is a Li-Po Pouch cell battery. LiPo batteries don't have "memory" so no need to deplete. :icon_ nono2: Instead, depleting is a BIG no-no. :icon_ nono:

:biggrin:

Thanx for catching that :) I'll make an adjustment there :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

nitrate28

Reaction score
So now I'm confused! With the D4, I do the charge to 100% powered off, deplete to 15%, power off and repeat above every (x) months?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So now I'm confused! With the D4, I do the charge to 100% powered off, deplete to 15%, power off and repeat above every (x) months?

The D4 has essentially the same configuration and battery as the OG RAZR, so I recommend every 2-3 months, but the battery experts at BatteryUniversity.com say every 40 complete charge cycles that add up to 100% of rated capacity.

So if you typically charge to 100% and use 60%, plugging in again at 40%, then for every 10 charges you do, you would have used 6 100% charge cycles (60% * 10 = 600% / 100% = 6 cycles). So to reach the 40 cycles, you would have charged the phone 66 times, or about 2 months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

nitrate28

Reaction score
So it looks like my griping to Vzw got me an acceptable CLN device. I did as the Foxkat said and I'm getting about 11 hours of my "normal" use on 3G.

Thanks again for your help!

hirize

Reaction score
Continuing issues battery meter recalibration

My problem is similar and I have already exchanged for a refurb unit. This unit has the same issue. I am using Motorola supplied charging cord and plug unit. I have tried with car charger and my husband's charger (also OEM Motorola).
Battery will sometimes charge, sometimes not.
I was delighted to find this info re: recalibrating battery meter, but I have been trying to accomplish these steps in order since early morning. Here's the scoop:
1. Turn off phone. Phone is at 10% - I must have missed the 15% mark.
2. Plug in charger.
3. Wait till phone shows 100% by pushing volume button.
4. Remove from charger and turn on.
5.Oops...battery isn't really 100%...it's only 20%!
6. Repeat steps one through 4.
7. Battery now says 50% charged. How frustrating.

When charged in regular manner with phone on, the battery will report fully charged from 20% in about 25 seconds.

Carrier (Verizon) has been un-helpful.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
hirize

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF hirize! You are definitely correct- what you are experiencing should not be happening! It is normal for the phone to report that it is at 100% charged and really only be 90% charged when you turn it on but shouldn't only be at 50%. And it definitely should take over 25 seconds to charge from 20% to 100%.

Overnight, or whenever you can leave the phone on the charger (the one that came with the phone) plugged into a standard outlet, try charging the phone off for 5 hours. That is more than enough time to get a normal working phone to 100% charge. When you turn it on, see what the charge level says. It may only be 90-99% and that is normal.

FoxKat may have other ideas or reasons why your phone is acting like it is. If so, by all means, follow his advice!