Battery only showing 0% even after charging for 8 hours

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The problem may be the battery and not the phone. Is there any way you can borrow someone else's battery to see if it is any better? Over time batteries lose their ability to get a full charge. I wonder if Verizon would loan you a battery for a day to test it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Keep it on the charger non - stop, 2 to 3 days if needed. I believe it must have a little juice if it shows a white light or has even a tiny bit of activity. I think there are places you can take it to have it super charged... or at least something you can do where it can be super charged.

What she said :D as for the cable. You're referring to a factory cable. I don know anything about them, except that they will bypass certain things and charge the battery directly.

You should plug in the phone, and leave it plugged in for as long as you can. Then it might boot up. If not, when you send it back to vzw, they shouldn't be able to get it to boot up either, the first thing they'll do if they get it working is to wipe it and flash it back over, and send it out as a CLNR.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

nitrate28

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
The problem may be the battery and not the phone. Is there any way you can borrow someone else's battery to see if it is any better? Over time batteries lose their ability to get a full charge. I wonder if Verizon would loan you a battery for a day to test it out.

Would be a great idea if Motorola didn't put a removable battery in these devices! Someone please explain to me why they put an access door where you can SEE the battery, yet can't remove/replace it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Aha, that is a different story. I didn't realize that it didn't have a removable battery. It is not the battery then ... or shouldn't be. FoxKat, we need you!

nitrate28

Reaction score
It has to be the battery. I have the same exact apps, same usage, etc. It's the only variable. Hoping the next CLN will be okay. At least Vzw coughed up Saturday delivery, so stay tuned!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, what I meant is that it can't be the battery you had with your original phone because that went back to Verizon with your original phone. I was initially thinking that it was a removable battery and when you have to replace the phone on those, you have to keep your battery and you get clnr without a battery. So yes, I'm sure it is the new battery on the "new" phone. Like 94 said, when you get the next clnr make sure you charge the dickens out of it.... charge it to 100% before you even activate it. Hopefully the next one will have better luck.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep, its always advisable to power off and charge to 100%...

but what I meant was to charge the old phone to see if it would power on. Does it.show a white light when you plug it in? But its been a few days since it died hasn't it?? Short of a factory cable, or a supercharger setup, idk if charging will.make a difference... but it never hurts to try :sly:

nitrate28

Reaction score
Thanks. 94's info is useful. I didn't realise killing the battery was bad. I guess I'm still stuck in the old days where you charged and drained your battery completely!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks. 94's info is useful. I didn't realise killing the battery was bad. I guess I'm still stuck in the old days where you charged and drained your battery completely!

No problem. Allow me to pass the word of the FoxKat to you :)

Charge powered off to 100%, use to 15% power off and repeat. This calibrates the battery meter. Do this every 2-3 months for a RAZR, 3-4 months for a maxx.

The battery prefers small charges throughout the day, the reason being that charging produces heat, so the smaller the charge, the less heat.

Also outdoor heat is bad for this battery. Try not to leave your device in your vehicle.

Never kill this battery. This was a ni-cad thing... this is a Li-po battery. ;)

This generation of 4g device runs hot. But don't worry to much because it has a fail safe built in. It will flash a warning, and shut the screen down to cool off the processor and battery. Then wake back up when its cool enough. :)

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Why was I thinking we were talking about a Droid 4 and not a Razr.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Why was I thinking we were talking about a Droid 4 and not a Razr.

Idk?? Lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Now, I'm really laughing. I think I better get some sleep!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Now, I'm really laughing. I think I better get some sleep!

Lol, you had me wondering too. Lol. I was like, aren't we talking about a d4? :)

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh boy, now I'm really confused. I swear that 94 referred to your phone as a Razr but I look back and it is just not there. That's what happens when you're running on no sleep for almost 40 hours.Wow...glad I don't have to operate heavy machinery, lol!