Battery only showing 0% even after charging for 8 hours

Discussion in 'Smartphone Battery Discussion' started by fiiRe, May 17, 2012.

1. fiiRe

fiiRe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i unplugged it and plugged it back in, but now it doesnt even go to the boot screen or battery meter. I just see a white flash at the top of the screen and nada. Do you think it's officially dead now?

[edit] i can get it back to the battery meter by spamming the power button, works once in a while :p

I was wondering how this thread was on the homepage! I completely missed how off topic it had gotten @.@

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +641
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Yeah sorry about that :)

Have you tried a hard reset with the phone off? By holding down the power button and the volume down button for about 10 seconds. My phone wouldn't turn on this morning, I took it off the charger and held down the power button and the screen back light would come on for a second and then go back off. Tried turning it on about 4 times and same thing every time, did a hard reset and the phone screen flashed and it booted up. Kinda scary actually hope that does not happen again. :icon_eek:

3. Trash Can

Trash Can Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Did you try using a car adapter as Professor FoxKat (aka BatteryMan) suggested?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a special factory charger available from Motorola for such circumstances? I don't believe it's for sale to the general public, but one might be available on eBay. Or am I thinking of something else?

4. fiiRe

fiiRe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't try using a car adapter yet (no car at home at the moment), and I got a replacement razr from vz already. The problem is my dead battery RAZR is rooted, and i'm afraid if I send it back to them, and they replace the battery and find out it's rooted, they'll charge me $700. So really, I wanted to get it to charge so I could either return the replacement/unroot the old one.

The hard reset doesn't work. I've lost the battery meter again and if i try turning it on now, it just quick flashes white at the top of the screen and dies again. Won't even go to the moto dual core boot screen at this point :( It's not my first time using it until it died but usually a hard reset and wall charger fixed it, but now i think i don't have a choice but to return it and hope they don't charge me bcus it's rooted.

5. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Keep it on the charger non - stop, 2 to 3 days if needed. I believe it must have a little juice if it shows a white light or has even a tiny bit of activity. I think there are places you can take it to have it super charged... or at least something you can do where it can be super charged. FoxKat to the rescue is needed here bc he has all those answers. You have 5 days before you have to return the refurb, so hopefully you can get this fixed by then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

6. nitrate28

nitrate28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had something even weirder happen to my D4. 3 months old, use both factory cable and charger and my old BlackBerry charger. Suddenly, the phone only charges to 50% (powered off and OEM charger). VZW sends me a "certified like new device", and this one only give me 6 hours of battery time ( I got 12 from the original). They send me ANOTHER used device, and the same exact thing happens (50% less battery life).

Just got off the phone and they flat out refuse to replace it with a new device. The manager swore up and down that FTC requires them to put new batteries in these used devices. So I AM the unluckiest man on earth to get TWO defective replacements? Give me a break...The 3rd replacement arrives tomorrow, and I will keep on sending them back until some management grunt says "why has this guy gone through 10 devices in 4 months?".

7. TisMyDroid

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    The problem may be the battery and not the phone. Is there any way you can borrow someone else's battery to see if it is any better? Over time batteries lose their ability to get a full charge. I wonder if Verizon would loan you a battery for a day to test it out.

8. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,965
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    What she said :D as for the cable. You're referring to a factory cable. I don know anything about them, except that they will bypass certain things and charge the battery directly.

You should plug in the phone, and leave it plugged in for as long as you can. Then it might boot up. If not, when you send it back to vzw, they shouldn't be able to get it to boot up either, the first thing they'll do if they get it working is to wipe it and flash it back over, and send it out as a CLNR.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

9. nitrate28

nitrate28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be a great idea if Motorola didn't put a removable battery in these devices! Someone please explain to me why they put an access door where you can SEE the battery, yet can't remove/replace it?

10. TisMyDroid

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Aha, that is a different story. I didn't realize that it didn't have a removable battery. It is not the battery then ... or shouldn't be. FoxKat, we need you!

11. nitrate28

nitrate28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has to be the battery. I have the same exact apps, same usage, etc. It's the only variable. Hoping the next CLN will be okay. At least Vzw coughed up Saturday delivery, so stay tuned!

12. TisMyDroid

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Oh, what I meant is that it can't be the battery you had with your original phone because that went back to Verizon with your original phone. I was initially thinking that it was a removable battery and when you have to replace the phone on those, you have to keep your battery and you get clnr without a battery. So yes, I'm sure it is the new battery on the "new" phone. Like 94 said, when you get the next clnr make sure you charge the dickens out of it.... charge it to 100% before you even activate it. Hopefully the next one will have better luck.

Search tags for this page
android battery stuck at 0
charging 0 android
droid razr 0 charge
droid razr 0%
galaxy s3 battery stays at 0
galaxy s3 battery stuck at 0

galaxy s3 stuck at 0 battery

my phone is staying at 0
my phone says charging 0
why does my phone say charging 0