Battery only showing 0% even after charging for 8 hours

fiiRe

Reaction score
Hi,

So i stupidly played games on my RAZR until it ran out of battery even while plugged into the wall. (to the point where the screen starts fuzzying up and the colors distort near the end before completely crapping out). After that, my phone wouldn't charge anymore through my htc cable. But some threads on this forum suggested that the moto cable might make a difference, so I tried it, and lo and behold, the battery indicator came back up! However, it's been 8 hours since I plugged it in and the battery gauge is still showing 0%. Haven't tried turning it on yet, so can't confirm that it actually isn't charging, but if anyone has any thoughts, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi,

So i stupidly played games on my RAZR until it ran out of battery even while plugged into the wall. (to the point where the screen starts fuzzying up and the colors distort near the end before completely crapping out). After that, my phone wouldn't charge anymore through my htc cable. But some threads on this forum suggested that the moto cable might make a difference, so I tried it, and lo and behold, the battery indicator came back up! However, it's been 8 hours since I plugged it in and the battery gauge is still showing 0%. Haven't tried turning it on yet, so can't confirm that it actually isn't charging, but if anyone has any thoughts, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Am I correct in assuming that you're charging it with the power off? If so, I would unplug it and re plug it in again after a few seconds to see if the battery meter comes back up in charge only mode and displays anything differently.

Of course, as I always say...do not let your battery drain to 0 on these phones. If that were your car's gas gauge, you'd be sitting on the highway waiting for AAA. Try to get into the habit of treating your battery meter like your car's gas gauge, and you shouldn't have any problems - that is unless you often run out of gas on the road in which case you have bigger problems! :blink:

Also as always, I suggest that you do the following at least once every couple months or so;

1. Power the phone off.
  2. Plug in the Motorola Cable and Motorola Wall Charger Adapter.
  3. Allow the phone to charge until the charge level reaches 100%. To check the level, tap the Volume Down button (again, thanks Trash Can).
  4. Disconnect the charger and power the phone on.
  5. Use the phone until the level reaches 15% and the phone signals "Low battery".
  6. Repeat steps 1 through 4.

If you do this, even if you should happen to let the phone die to 0, accidentally, you won't get into the situation you're in now where the battery will not respond to charge. If the battery is completely unsuccessful in charging after all of the attempts above, and also after trying a Car Adapter, then it may be an indication that the battery's voltage dropped below the threshold for protection and the battery is essentially unrecoverable. Let's hope that's not the case but it is a very real possibility, especially if the battery's meter wasn't properly calibrated (the steps listed above), at the time it died.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
fiiRe said:
Hi,

Thanks!

I'm not FoxKat, but you say you tried the factory cable... did you try it with the factory cable and the factory charger??

There's also been a case where a person used his car charger to get his phone to kick back over.

All chargers aren't created equally. I'm sure FoxKat will be along to help you shortly, if anyone can save your phone.... its him. Good luck!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: Baahahahaahahaha he beat me again!!!

Good afternoon FoxKat.. how are ya?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sydman, I stole your Fox signal lol. :) it'll come in handy later!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Now that ^ is funny!! I might just use it!

By the way, WHERE in the WORLD did you find THAT? I mean, did you just snap your fingers and there it was? :icon_eek:

Google image search for "fox superhero"

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Now just swap out the 911 belt buckle for a little battery .... :)