Battery Notification

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LastBoyScout, Dec 18, 2009.

1. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While there are plenty of battery widgets and apps in the Market, there is one thing that I believe should be pretty easy for someone to create.

While i dont mind a solid battery bar with increments, i do prefer a numerical value or percentage.

when your phone is charging, on the lock screen, it tells how much of it has charged.

is there a way to make the amount of battery life display on the lock screen when the phone is not charging?

it would seem that this would be fairly straight forward.

While I cannot contribute right now, seeing as i dont know how to program using linux just yet, maybe someone else can take this idea and run with it.

2. MrGlass

MrGlass New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to put something on the lock screen? the only apps ive seen to do stuff like this override the standard lock screen with their own. I would love a lock screen that could show the standard widgets.

3. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know about any apps that put stuff on the lock screen.

i was simply noticing that if the default android or droid setup is already notifying you of how much the battery is to being charged fully (100%, 80%, 15%, ect) then it should be fairly easy to add a few lines of code for it to tell you how much battery is currently left when the phone is not charging.

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Battery Widget. It gives you a graphical representation of the power left as well as the numerical percentage overlayed. To top it off if you tap it a small window pops up letting you turn on/off gps, wifi, etc. (just as Power Control Widget does). All of that in a 1x1 widget. I love it.

5. cc16177

cc16177 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like power widget. It's a 1x1 widget and all it gives you is a percent in increments of 10. You can change the color of the font to make it easily seen on any background, and it seems to be MUCH more accurate than the standard battery meter on your notification bar.

6. BPB

BPB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With stock battery?

Are you using the power widget with the stock battery? I've got an extended capacity battery and I've read elsewhere on these forums (and experienced myself) that the power meter can be way off. Have you found it to be more accurate with an extended capacity battery, or just with the stock battery?

7. warbuck

warbuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Although this will not show you anything on your lock screen, it might be helpful. It shows you a percentage overlayed on your actual batt meter in the status bar. You need to have MetaMorph installed from the market then load the zip to you sd card and apply
    Thanks goes to xeudoxus over at AllDroid

Search tags for this page

any way to get a numerical battery charge meter on moto x

battery notification settings android

remove battery power notifcation for droid

turn off android battery notification