Battery notification light.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
I thought I read about this when the Razr came out and remember something about this being, for some unknown reason, an intentional change, but I could be mistaking so I wanted to be sure.

Anyone else not have a battery notification light? I notice that when I plug in my phone (wall charger) the notification light will very quickly flash green and then stay off, even once fully charged. However when it is running low it does flash red.

Then, my phone died artwork today and I plugged the USB into a computer to try and charge it, and the green light stayed on. However, the drivers must not have installed on the computer because even after being plugged in for an hour once unplugged it was still stone cold dead.

If I remember correctly from my old D1 shouldn't it be red when charging and green once fully charged? Is this not the case for D4?

r314bd

Reaction score
If I remember correctly from my old D1 shouldn't it be red when charging and green once fully charged? Is this not the case for D4?
My D1 only flashed red for low battery; it flashed green only for missed calls/voicemail/messages.

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
I cant find a charging light either...i did notice an option for a tone when fully charged...

OP
Hartsoid

Hartsoid

Reaction score
For God's sake, do not use the battery notification tone. It is the single most annoying feature ever created on any device! It would be perfect if it would make a single tone once fully charged, but nooo, let's make a tone everytime the screen turns on or off. JFC...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

balaramabeauty

Reaction score
Same thing was just happening with mine. I plugged it into my bf's computer (running linux, so I thought that might have something to do with it) and got the green light, but not the normal charging message on the screen. Then plugged it into my laptop and i've still got the green light, but no charge message. The last setting for USB was charge only. I reset it twice, which let resulted in the opening screen, but after the motorola icon screen it went black and still a green light and no charge... and I just lost my wall adapter, crap.

Cegal

Reaction score
The only time I get lights are the red flash when the d4 is almost dead, white for a missed call and if my d4 is completely dead and I try to plug it into a comp. Green light turns on but never charges. The only time my d4 will charge from the laptop is while it's turned on. Has to be something with the moto drivers for the computer, or just the set up in general...the computer can't tell that its a moto device plugged in if it's off.

Reaction score
The reason you plugged it into the computer an a green light showed was because the usb on the computer alone doesn't put out the required voltage your phone needs to get that boast to go into charge mode. Next time try an run to the computer when its at 5% then plug it in.