1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery not charging on droid razr

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by Raelagsalot, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Raelagsalot

Raelagsalot New Member

i had the question mark appear while im charging my phone and i took it out and bought a new battery. even with the new battery, the phone does not recognize it and it will not allow it to charge. any advice?
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You said you took it out and bought a new battery...do you mean you opened the back of the Droid RAZR that is supposed to be non-user serviceable and removed the battery by unscrewing the TORX screws to replace it? If so, two problems could be the cause. First, the initial (stock) battery may have been deep-discharged. Second, the new battery may be a knock-off (non Motorola look-alike), and so the system may not recognize it as a valid battery.

I would go back to the original battery, install it, power off the phone, plug in the MOTOROLA STOCK CHARGER and MOTOROLA STOCK CABLE, and let it sit for at least 3 hours.
  3. Raelagsalot

Raelagsalot New Member

thnx

the old battery was completely fried and had only had 2.3v and its suppose to be 3.8v. as for the new battery i think its authentic. it looks identical to the original and my dad bought it from a certified store.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
Search tags for this page
battery not charging completely droid razr
battery will not take a charge droid razor
chinese knock off droid x battery wont charge
droid cranberry razr wont charge

droid razr battery not charging

droid razr hotwired not chargomg
droid razr m not charging
droid razr m not reading battery

droid razr not charging

droid razr will not charge