battery not charging on droid razr

Raelagsalot

Reaction score
i had the question mark appear while im charging my phone and i took it out and bought a new battery. even with the new battery, the phone does not recognize it and it will not allow it to charge. any advice?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You said you took it out and bought a new battery...do you mean you opened the back of the Droid RAZR that is supposed to be non-user serviceable and removed the battery by unscrewing the TORX screws to replace it? If so, two problems could be the cause. First, the initial (stock) battery may have been deep-discharged. Second, the new battery may be a knock-off (non Motorola look-alike), and so the system may not recognize it as a valid battery.

I would go back to the original battery, install it, power off the phone, plug in the MOTOROLA STOCK CHARGER and MOTOROLA STOCK CABLE, and let it sit for at least 3 hours.

OP
R

Raelagsalot

Reaction score
thnx

the old battery was completely fried and had only had 2.3v and its suppose to be 3.8v. as for the new battery i think its authentic. it looks identical to the original and my dad bought it from a certified store.

Last edited: