Battery monitor app

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
OK, most of these things are just pure junk. I know that. I decided to try 'Battery Guru for snapdragon processor' because reading through the reviews it seemed somewhat positive. It scans your usage over 4 days and then "does it's thing"...whatever that is :). I have a few hours left of it's initial scan but yesterday I had the best battery-life day ever. I'll let you know if it seems to be working. The problem with these things is it's "seat of the pants" experience and you kinda guess if it is working. Will see.
If anyone has any input on it, I'm all ears. Even, or especially if that is negative. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Battery Guru seems to be doing a great job for me. If you are looking for an info app go for gSAM batter monitor but I can tell you that for extending the life of a charge the Guru is far better than most. It's very smart! ;)

I'd take it over Juice Defender any day, It doesn't try to do to much, which is a good thing,

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Another vote for gsam.. Apps like juice defender can kill apps that are running in the background that are needed...so it can make your phone have problems...and cause crashes....

Apps like juice defender were great back in the gingerbread days..because android wasn't to good at regulating running apps....it now does an effective job of this...no need for app killers...which is more or less what jd does...imho

Last edited:
OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
OK, the 4 days of it monitoring are over. No big deal. I'll try gsam. One thing I don't like about the Battery Guru is it monitors WiFi close to you and CONSTANTLY wants to switch to it, even if it's a weak signal. You can shut that option off though.

Last edited: