Battery Minimum Cutoff Voltage...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dmauldin74, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dmauldin74

dmauldin74 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a former Palm user, and frequent sufferer of the smart phone related disease known as "not-enough-battery-itis", I was wondering if anyone knew what the minimum cut-off voltage for the Droid is? and if it can be modified?

I remember an app for palm that allowed the user to lower the the minimum voltage threshold that would cause the system to shut the device off. It wasn't much, just .1V, give or take, but the additional battery usage time was noticable without any ill effects. It was adjustable as low as the user dared to go, with the warning that it could reduce battery life. IIRC, the safe and stable minimum for a 3.7V lipo was about 3.53...

Is this a mod/hack that can be implemented with the android OS?

This question is posed to those much more in the know than me... I'm sure that there is someone in the droid community who knows enough about batteries and how this device uses them to look into this possibility.

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    good question. unfortunately, i'm in the same boat as you, as far as being "in the know." i just wanted to let you know that you weren't being ignored. :)

Search tags for this page
android change cutoff voltage
android cut off voltage
android low battery mv
android lowest battery voltage
android min voltage

android minimum battery voltage

android shut off voltage
droid x minimum battery voltage
reduce voltage android
safe minimum battery voltage android