1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

battery meter down to 20% in 13 hours

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Aug 6, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

During the time, internet usage (e-mails) took 45 mins, reading news took 20 mins. Behind the scene newsrob, weatherbug, gmail, yahoo, twitter are running. I know this kind of measure is not quite scientific. But this is the real measure of real use. Yes, I am running frg01b.

The question is .... what is your mileage?

Thanks.
  2. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

Compared to me, thats pretty good. I'm dead after 8 hours of my normal use, if I don't plug in at all during that time.

Just a few phone calls, some texting, a lot of facebook/twitter checking and some web browsing.
  3. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

4. Codiusprie

Codiusprie New Member

I am lucky to make it six hours with what I consider normal use. GTalk, a few phone calls, SMS, some internet browsing. I have one complaint with this phone and it is the battery, I just carry my charger everywhere.
  5. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

If you have some extra coin, get another battery and a battery charger. It's unbelievable how convenient it can be to just pop in another battery. I'm not even a "power user" that can usually go 12-14 hours before I even think about it, but it's very nice to never be plugged in.
  6. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

My mileage is decent at best honestly but it's really hard to judge. when I was still in school before the summer I wasn't using my phone as heavily(except during lunch and sneaking it during class lol) both in the morning and afternoon I'd use it heavily and could get like 15 hours using both system panel app and screebl. but now since it's the summer time and I've rooted, not having a job :( I have more time on my hands so I've been using my phone quite a bit more. I am absolutely OBSESSIVE about my battery life, so much it's hard to fully enjoy it.

but to answer the question better, I was running the build you were on for a bit and I would get like 4 hours and something minutes on what I can assume is "heavy usage" taking a few breaks putting it down and constantly browsing the we(cuz I'm so addicted to the stupid thing)
    but on what I can call "moderate-to heavy use" I am usually lucky to get more than 8 hours and something minutes, but if I really try to use it in moderation I could get a decent 13 hours.
    sorry to ramble so much, I just ocd crazy with this stuff. lately I've been using the 900mhz lv p3 kernel underclocked slightly with some setcpu profiles.
    Now I'm on the newer build, frg22 with the 1000ghz p3 kernels also using profiles, I'll see how it goes. it's hard for me to give a good measure as well lol
  7. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

and if your using it heavily I'd say that's great usage. I'd more than appreciate to get at least 13 hours a day. :/
  8. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 New Member

I am around 8 hours with normal use and about 3 hours with heavy use on Saphire 1.0 with there stock kernel. I would love to get 12 hours of normals use. Oh well, I have plenty of chargers.
  9. Abadus

Abadus New Member

4 hours of use heavy or not most of drain is the screen. Over night with the screen off I might lose about 10%. So on standby it will last days I think but using internet or whatever I get about 4 hours.
  10. npike

npike New Member

I can get about 10 hours in a day with moderate usage. Web browsing, texting, a few games, waking phone up often to check widgets, an hour or so of phone calls.

Best I have ever gotten is about 28 hours. I heavily make use of setCPU profiles, and am running a low voltage kernel.
  11. crackedvenom

crackedvenom New Member

i can probably get 8+ hours with moderate use. texting, browser, and facebook. thats when im at work. but i also try and use it wisely because im afraid itll die
  12. bump47

bump47 New Member

i get about 20 hours with about 45 minutes of talk, 200 texts, 30 minutes of browsing and then lots of time just goofing off on it. Display takes up most of it. I run BB .4 with 1.1 ULV Chevy kernel
  13. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

every day after work I have 30% left, and thats around 13hrs and some change, sometimes close to 14 hrs of what i would call pretty light use. cant use the phone on the job, only a little in the morning, at lunch, and on my way out. and even then its pretty much just some texting. asked a buddy of mine what his was at and he had 50% with almost an hour longer of probably very similar use. thats with his overclocked to 1100 or 1200 max, and mines only 700 max. he's on CM (6 i assume?) and im on bb 0.4.
    Not sure what makes the difference, but i'll compare more sometime.
  14. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

JUICEDEFENDER!!!!!
    It really works. APN uses a ton of memory. It still allows you to sync for a minute or two every 15 minutes.

Next, rooting and setting a profile in setcpu to underclock when "screen off" helps a ton.

Doing those two things, I can go 12-13 hours with it in my pocket and be at 80-90%
  15. dbmorris

dbmorris New Member

I second this post. My battery was done by about 6p so I tried Juicedefender. Last night it was at 40% at 11:00p. From what I read it works better for someone that doesn't use their phone constantly and having the screen on. Its a little quirky and the UI takes some getting used to. I went ahead and got the paid version for a few extra options. As the other post said, between setcpu and JD it makes a huge difference. Just checked and the batt is still at 90%, would normally be at 60% at 10:30a.

16. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I noticed my phone was laggy after using juice defender? anyone else notice this.
  17. crackedvenom

crackedvenom New Member

how many profiles do you guys have in setcpu? making some now
  18. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

One for each increment of 11 (i.e. 91,81) down to 50%, temp, screen of, charging (which can only minimum 500 for some reason).

Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit
  19. crackedvenom

crackedvenom New Member

alright cool thanks. going to make some now.

edit: can i ask what you have the temp one set on? also, what about priority? keep em at 50 or change em around? thanks.

one more haha. do i uncheck set on boot now that i have different profiles for each different thing?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  20. stryker71

stryker71 New Member

I also would like to know what temp settings people use on SetCPU. I have my battery and CPU temps set at like 41 or 42 C.