Battery Manager

Skelly022782

Reaction score
Hoping maybe someone could shed some light on an issue I been having with the battery manager on my droid X 2.2.

Everytime I try to click on usage statistics, I get the following message:

"Sorry! The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone ever have this problem or perhaps know a solution?

Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Hoping maybe someone could shed some light on an issue I been having with the battery manager on my droid X 2.2.

Everytime I try to click on usage statistics, I get the following message:

"Sorry! The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anyone ever have this problem or perhaps know a solution?

Thanks.
Its a known issue to Motorola, and as of right now there is no "fix", but there is supposed to be one coming.

I have managed to get my Battery Manager to work by shutting the phone down and restarting it...YMMV and you might need to do a battery pull in order to get it to function again.

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score
I tried the battery pull but that didn't work. I'll try plugging up the charger and unplugging when I get back home.

Thanks guys.

Big Fate

Reaction score
I've been getting that issue alot lately myself... hopefully they fix soon

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I tried the battery pull but that didn't work. I'll try plugging up the charger and unplugging when I get back home.

Thanks guys.

This method usually works for me (plugging it into the charger), but it resets all the statistics associated with the battery manager. So it may "fix" the problem, but then renders it useless in the process.

And yeah, moto is aware of this issue. It is on their official 2.2 bug list.

OP
S

Skelly022782

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

This method usually works for me (plugging it into the charger), but it resets all the statistics associated with the battery manager. So it may "fix" the problem, but then renders it useless in the process.

And yeah, moto is aware of this issue. It is on their official 2.2 bug list.

Exactly. It did work but it throw battery usage statistics off.