Battery Manager

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Is there any way I can put the battery manager back on with Liberty? I liked the nighttime mode for saving battery when I can't have it plugged in.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gobbles23

Reaction score
Download the fission rom manager from the market and they have the add on that puts the battery management back in the settings. I have it on mine.

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Or use the power widget to turn off sync, gps and brightness. Does the same thing. Much faster too

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Or use the power widget to turn off sync, gps and brightness. Does the same thing. Much faster too

It is not the same due to power management controls turning off data during off peak hours (during late night). The rest you can do from the built in widget. Would also like to have this put into 1.5....... I have asked in the post about it and can not get an answer will have to download fission manager and install it again. Or hope it is in 1.5

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I can't find Fission Rom manager on the market.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not in the Market. TeamDefuse.com

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
The one that the Fission ROM Manager installs, doesn't work. It crashes when going to the battery information. What I wound up doing was grabbing the BatteryManager.apk from my Nandroid backup before I installed Liberty. De-Odexed it and copied it to /system/app.

Worked like a champ.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Sorry I thought it was in the market. Mine does work from the fission rom manager.

Trong

Reaction score
Most ROMs don't include it because it is super buggy. Causes all sorts of FCs when trying to look at battery stats.

SplicedX

Reaction score
DO NOT put the fission battery manager on Liberty!!!!
I tried it and i lost my liberty settings, battery manager constantly FC'd!
I had to SBF to clean everything up!

DO NOT PUT FISSION BATTERY MANAGER ONTO LIBERTY!!

cvhovey

Reaction score
The one that the Fission ROM Manager installs, doesn't work. It crashes when going to the battery information. What I wound up doing was grabbing the BatteryManager.apk from my Nandroid backup before I installed Liberty. De-Odexed it and copied it to /system/app.

Worked like a champ.

Good, I will try that as I have my nandroid from minutes after first rooting. Since installing/removing the one from Fission, I can get battery info anymore without a f/c.

But ... what exactly (app or whatever) do I need for de-odexing BatteryManager.apk? I've been into rooting for over a year, but never dabbled with doing any de-odexing myself.

Thanks!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Most ROMs don't include it because it is super buggy. Causes all sorts of FCs when trying to look at battery stats.

That was before the 2.2.1 update.
I haven't seen one complaint about the Battery Manager afterwards.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Well I had the battery thing working from the fission rom manager but noticed that it wasn't installed. I installed it again and now it just fc everytime. So I don't know

jonwgee

Reaction score
Switch Pro Widget (paid app) in the market and Power Control Plus (paid app) in the market both successfully turn off 3g signal. PCP also has the added benefit of putting the widget in the drop down bar. :)

gobbles23

Reaction score

Worked like a champ.

Can you post the deodexed apk? All of that stuff is over my head.