Battery Manager error

slowtype

Reaction score
Got the latest update and am getting a battery manager error that some of us were seeing on the leaked update.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Did you guys with the error, try going into settings/applications/manage apps/ "all" tab and clear the data for battery manager?

Last edited:
OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
Yes. I cleared the cache data

Occasionally the battery manager does work. Never when I need it though

I checked the Motorola forum and a number of people have reported having this problem there as well.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I updated last night and I haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I cleared the cache. The problem is still there. I tried manually force closing the app, it refuses though. When I tap the force close button, it shows me pressing it but it doesn't do anything, it goes back to its "unpressed" look. And I keep pressing it over and over, nothing happens.

spaceape99

Reaction score
I've gotten this too. I've found that it works for a while after first boot, but at some point starts failing. A reboot clears it. My guess is something in their improved battery life fix introduced some kind of memory leak where attempting to use the settings tool to query battery properties results in a crash/force close.

It'll probably be a while before they address this in another OTA update or patch.

gohoosiers

Reaction score
I had the same problem with battery manager right after the update. However, after a couple of reboots, it has worked fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I encountered the same problem, guys. A factory data reset might fix it....but I'm not certain.

If you use it while plugged into a charger it seems to work. When it is not plugged in it doesn't work.

nickb1

Reaction score
I also get the force closed error. I showed the guy at Verizon and he offered to give me a replacement.

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my R2-D2.Verizon even sent me a new phone after the factory resets didn't work.Still force closes on the new R2-D2 I guess i'll live with it till someone figures out what is causing it.

Sent from my Droid R2-D2 using DroidForums App

abbazaba

Reaction score
Been using these forums for a good week now since I got my D2, thanks to all the people here for the help!

Back to the topic- I've been looking all over for the name to credit who first said how to fix the battery manager app crash. Can't find it- so if you're out there... you're appreciated. Hope this helps.

On a D2, I went from rooted 2.2.20 to 2.3.20. Had to use RSDlite with Vista to upgrade to 2.3.20 b/c I had deleted bloatware- causing the OTA update to fail. Once I had installed Triple Threat 2.3.20, batt mgr began with the force closes. This is what fixed it:

-Cleared app data/cache through "Manage applications" for Battery mgr (could be optional)
-Booted into stock recovery and selected "wipe cache partition"
-Rebooted and Battery Manager works fine.

OP
S

slowtype

Reaction score
Been using these forums for a good week now since I got my D2, thanks to all the people here for the help!

Back to the topic- I've been looking all over for the name to credit who first said how to fix the battery manager app crash. Can't find it- so if you're out there... you're appreciated. Hope this helps.

On a D2, I went from rooted 2.2.20 to 2.3.20. Had to use RSDlite with Vista to upgrade to 2.3.20 b/c I had deleted bloatware- causing the OTA update to fail. Once I had installed Triple Threat 2.3.20, batt mgr began with the force closes. This is what fixed it:

-Cleared app data/cache through "Manage applications" for Battery mgr (could be optional)
-Booted into stock recovery and selected "wipe cache partition"
-Rebooted and Battery Manager works fine.

I'm struggling finding any instructions on booting into stock recovery. Can you please explain how to do this on the D2