1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Lyfe.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zaldonisj, Feb 12, 2010.

1. zaldonisj

zaldonisj New Member

So ever since i started rooting my phone my battery life has gone down. I run BB 7.5. I have the setcup set at like 1ghz and 250mhz for the low end. the only widget i use is Weather Widget which is basically the HTC clock... Any suggestions.
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I am running the same set up and never have a single issue. My suggestion is to make sure that you manually lock your phone AS SOON AS you are done with it. Send a text, lock phone. Don't wait for the screen to time out.
  3. zaldonisj

zaldonisj New Member

The odd thing is that i do that religiously... I am a freak about the power saving. How long does your battery last? I am a texting fiend btw and i have been off of school for a while due to the weather so maybe i am just reading into this all.
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

5. Reks

Reks New Member

is your standby profile set to 550mhz or lower?
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Standby is 250/550
  7. jasonb

jasonb New Member

my battery lasts as long as i'd expect it to. i'm actually pretty impressed.

i'm rooted and run at 800mhz, 125/250mhz when idle and my battery life is great. i can go a full 8 hour day of work and still be at 90% when i leave.
  8. Reks

Reks New Member

sorry was asking the guy with the battery trouble
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Makes sense, sorry, was half paying attention.
  10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

First what are you considering poor battery life?? How many hours are you getting and how much actual use (and doing what)... all these are HUGE factors.

Second what governor setting are you using in SetCPU? Conservative is the best all around (least for my uses)... It gives better battery life AND better performance for me than 'on demand'.
  11. r-dubya

r-dubya New Member

I have to report the exact opposite. Ever since i rooted (sholes 2.0.3) I have noticed considerable increases in battery life. I could never get through an entier day on one charege before, now i can. I'm OC'd to 800/250Mhz.
  12. Greaser

Greaser New Member

One thing I noticed that kills battery life is gps, it can sometimes stay on, do you ever see the symbol for gps on the top bar on, yet you aren't using it for any particular app? I noticed that if I exited my browser while I was on Googles (google was also my default home page) home page that my gps would stay on, and that was because I had set my settings to Enable Location, when I turned that setting off, than all was good, battery life was back. I think that this was happening because the browser is constantly running in the background.
  13. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Had my phone on for just over 9 hours today, still at 80%.
  14. beneharris

beneharris New Member

how often are you actually using it?
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I didn't use it all that much today. But yesterday I really beat it up and it lasted all day long.
  16. shademar

shademar New Member

My battery life notably increased after OC'ing, but only after doing a nandroid restore with BB...I'm not sure what apps were responsible, or whether it was apps indeed, but it surprised the hell out of me. If you can spare the time, I recommend doing a clean wipe and seeing if your battery is affected...
  17. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Guest

I have been having the same problem with the sucky battery life since rooted. What you have to do is drain your battery completley charge it to 20% and drain it all until it dies again the charge it to 100% and then a little. then since your rooted in your terminal emulator type in" su (enter) rm /data/system/batterystats.bin (enter)" that will clear your battery stats. What is happening is your battery is not reall discharged it is the phones memory settings telling you it has no juice left but in actuality it has some juice left.
  18. thericksonebay

thericksonebay Guest

O cant guarantee you anything but so far it worked for me and i usally do this around every 30 charges, because if your not fully discharging then recxharging your changing your phones battery stats to thinking it has less battery then it really does. sorry about the explanation thats the only way i know how to explain it. Good Luck
  19. xsonicc

xsonicc New Member

just rooted my phone a couple of days ago and have noticed considerable less battery life having rooted. it seemed like i had only used the phone for maybe 5 hours (total) and the battery was already at 5% life left. i'm running sholes 2.0.3 oc'd to 1ghz. i'm currently using ondemand setting for setcpu, and i only have the screen on on my phone for maybe 3ish hours a day total, rest of the time the screen is off and the phone is idle. i'm not sure if it's an application that's draining the battery, or maybe i haven't conditioned the battery correctly yet? any help is appreciated.

edit: from the 4-5 minutes or so ago i posted this, my battery life went down 2% by doing absolutely nothing while the phone was idle, if that helps at all.
  20. Reks

Reks New Member

???????????????????