Battery loss while using Navigation in the car?

dave.cox

Reaction score
I have found that the car chargers will often not charge the Motorola phones correctly,a the voltage is a bit too low for the charger circuit. You would think that Motorola would know better, but I guess not. Any way, I've found that using the AC charger with a power converter will work much more reliably.

Dave

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have no problem multitasking and charging my phone same time... I use a ZaGG usb charger however.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, this could be a heat issue. I know that my phone will stop charging if the battery gets too hot. So putting the phone under load and having it in the car window with the sun beating on it would probably cause it to heat up pretty quick. Just a thought, I could be completely wrong though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Good call on that one. Since the battery is immediately behind the Kevlar (which is then immediately behind the black phone mount), and will absorb sunlight as heat pretty quickly you may be on to something. Even in a cold car, the sun could heat up the back of the mount (and the battery) potentially to a point where the thermistor shuts down charging. It may not be the cause in this case but it's something worthy of keeping mind of.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The only time my car charger didn't keep up with music and GPS was when it wasn't seated all the way.
After about an hour on the road I noticed battery level dropping, and noticed the nice blue led wasn't lit up on the charger.
Pushed it in and it started to make up ground and was topped off an hour later.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Use the motorola car dock, out keeps up with charging and it's easier to navigate music

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had been out of the forums for a while now, and WOW all the replies. Yea my generic car charger works great for just music and charging, but maybe it has issues when doing more. I will go out and buy a car charger that is made for the Razr and see how that works...

Thanks all! This forum is simply amazing for any questions that need answers!!!