Battery loss overnight?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BTM, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BTM

BTM New Member

Why am I losing 50% battery while it just sits there overnight? I noticed in general the battery is not very good. I just got the droid about a week ago. I don't use it that heavily though. I use ATK. Any ideas how to increase battery life? I have wi-fi, GPS and what not all turned off.
  2. RickCathey

RickCathey Premium Member Premium Member

you think that is bad. All has been well for the last month up until the last 3 nights in a row I have charged my month old Droid to 100% and turned it OFF.. Next morning turning it back on I am down to 60%. Took the phone to Verizon this morning and had to leave it with them so they could do a battery check. Will be picking it up at 4:30. Curious as to what they find out..
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

This has been discussed at length. The only legit answer I have seen is that some programs, while the phone is technically "off", keep the CPU active. Sort of like if you put your laptop, ereader, ipod, etc into suspend eventually it will die.

Why not just plug the phone in?
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

sounds like an app conflict to me.
  5. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

You probably have the background sync on. Try disabling the auto sync in the account section under settings.
  6. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

With the phone on, and unplugged overnight, I lose about 10%, which seems about normal by comparison to others on the boards. If you're losing a lot more, there is either something you aren't thinking of that's running (some random app, sync, etc), or you've got a problem with your battery. But there have also been many threads discussing people losing significantly more battery overnight while their phones are off too. The solution they found? Just leaving them on. So if all else fails, just leave it on and plugged in overnight. There's no danger of overcharging.
Search tags for this page

android losing charge overnight

battery on tablet loss 30% charge from when turned off

droid razr maxx losing battery while charging overnight

how to not lose cellphone battery over night

normal droid x2 overnight battery loss

s4 battery loss

why am i losing battery in galaxy s4

why losing battery galaxy s4