battery life

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by defkon 1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. defkon 1

defkon 1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I am new to this smart phone thing and just got the incredible. Other than adjusting the email push which I have, what else can I do to get more out of the battery. Last night I had the phone at a full charge and the only thing I set was the alarm. I just got up about an hour ago and I have less than half of the battery. I have heard about stopping things that are running in the background, but dont know how to do this. I have only one game installed and think that I have exited out of the game, but do not know for sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thnx:)

2. lewblue83

lewblue83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. cal89

cal89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    U might not have known but charging, for the first time for 12 haurs fullfills the batterys memory to keep a better charge. After that its about 2-4 hours and u get maybe 8-12 hour usage depending on what you do with it as u are.more likely to get 6-8 hours if ur playing a game alot or just running around on the fone doing stuff. But txting/ music doesnt rlly drain too much for me, so far today was 3 hour charge from 9am to12am and its 11pm now and i have half batt cuz of idling and usage

4. defkon 1

defkon 1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    kool, thank you for the reply and as I speak now I am charging the phone with the power on, then as I have read to unplug the charger-turn the phone off then re-plug the charger in again until the led indicator is green. Also I have read something about killing the facebook and friendstream apps ( which I never use them and wont ). How do you kill stuff in the background. Thnx Defkon1