Battery Life

s350d

Reaction score
Hi all! Im very new to this site so not sure if this is the correct forum, please guide me if ive made any mistakes at all. Anyway, i got my droid XT910 about 6 months ago and like it a lot. Since i got it, im not sure what android version it had, but it was the one that came with the phone. Anyways, the battery would usually last from one day, to a day and a half depending on my usage (which is very little). Understandable. But now that i upgraded to the latest software, 4.0.4, it will be fully charged at 8am, and pretty much dead by around 8 or 9 at night. Is this normal? I mean i only use the phone to do a bit of texting, and check my facebook, thats it. And im not a huge texter either, so pretty much my phone is mostly on standby for most of the day. Is this normal or does it sound like somethings wrong? If so, what could it be? Thanks in advance :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try downloading a monitoring app such as GSam battery monitor. This will break down which apps are using the most battery and should help you identify if it's an app causing the issue.

OP
S

s350d

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried it but it didnt help very much. I went into network settings and turned my network from automatic to 2g only, since i only use wifi. That has improved a little, but not by a lot. Still dont know what it could be. Unless this what is expected from a droid, wish i got the droid maxx.