battery life

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I finally made the jump from a blackberry to a droid, I picked up a like new Eris off craigslist. This is my second day using it, ive noticed the battery life is horrible though. I charge my phone at night, take it off the charger and go to work. The phone sits in my locker the whole time except for breaks, and the phone still looses 3/4 of its battery life by the time im off work. What can I do to make the battery last longer?

eriscrazy

Reaction score
first off if your lockers at your work are metal they can drain the hell out of your battery without u knowing it. also something to do while you are not using it is to put it in airplane mod while u are at work. also make sure your wifi and gps is turned off. and last but not least make sure your widgets are not updating to much cause that will kill your battery. oh and download the Power Manager app it is a life saver for me.

hope this helps

stillwaiting

Reaction score
So I was curious how everyones battery life on the note II is holding up and I didn't see any other thread on this so I decided to start one.

I had this a few days ago, I keep my screen brightness below about 40% most of the time and I am almost always on wifi.

Post a screenshot of what you typically get

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130104_095546.png
    ForumRunner_20130104_095546.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 398

Caesars

Reaction score
ejy6y3yg.jpg

With wifi on, the possibilities are endless lol. Too bad I don't Have access to wifi at work ;(.

Return of the Android

pizza3

Reaction score
Big battery

I have several batteries. I'm using my 6500 mah for the 2nd time. I don't do screen shots but my experience so far is that with 2 1/2 days since lift-off I still have 65% left. Admittedly I am not a big user and the device is a little clunky but it sure does last. I see 5 days easy. When I used my 4200 mah battery it got to 3 days before I switched and it still had about 18% remaining. BTW, the 4200 fits within the stock case. Same size as the original. I am on the hunt for the biggest battery I can get that still fits within the original enclosure. The biggest I've seen with the big back cover was 8500. That could last me easily a week and probably more. Why is bigger better? Because it is. Also, if I were on a desert island I'd rather have a fully charged 8500 bunny then a mere 3100 standard battery. A ship might pass by with an open network on the fourth or fifth day.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ejy6y3yg.jpg

With wifi on, the possibilities are endless lol. Too bad I don't Have access to wifi at work ;(.

Return of the Android

Even without wifi it's quite incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357425332630.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357425332630.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 332
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357425344828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357425344828.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 288

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I've only had moto x for 3 days. I absolutely love it. Came from a RAZR M. Loved that one too. My question is, how is the battery life for everyone? Any tricks to saving some life? My battery has been doing fine, I'm just curious if there are some things going on that we don't really need. I know that on my RAZR M, I disabled smart actions, which were actually a big selling point for the phone, and that really extended my battery. Wasn't a huge loss either. Just wondering what everyone is doing to save a little battery. I can't see turning off active notifications or all the cool voice commands. They're just too useful.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I have a couple things. Go into location settings and turn off location reporting. Then go into settings>Motorola privacy and toggle off help improve Motorola products and moto care. Go into Motorola device Id and disconnect Google account to unsync that. These sort of things use battery by syncing with servers all the time. I also go into settings >apps and disable some non essential bloat. I could give you my list if interested

-Moto X-

pdaniel219

Reaction score
A list would be awesome. I already have a few things disabled, but only 6 or 7 things. I'm never sure which ones will effect everything else. Thanks for the response.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
My disabled list

Calendar (I use Google calendar)
Caller ID name
Email
Exchange services
Google keyboard (I use SwiftKey)
Google pinyin input (I speak English)
Google play books
Google play games
Google play newsstand
Help
Mobile hotspot
Motorola Migrate
My Verizon mobile (data usage baked into os)
NFL mobile
Sync service
Verizon login
Verizon tones
Voice mail (dialing *86 or using notifications still works to check voice mail.
Vz navigator

I've seen more and less lists before. This is just mine. :)

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you! I had my eye on most of these. I'll give them a shot.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
went thought the list. i have a t mobile moto x from motorola maker.
lol i had "my verizon mobile" because google saw it as an app i had in the play store.

so i love the list like the suggestions i'm going to try my phone with all those off tomorrow for the whole day at the theme park with my family.

also.
i use timley as my alarm clock.
so can i clear data and freeze "clock"?
i tried it and am now waiting to see if my alarm goes off in two minutes.
And it does still work.
so if you use a personalized alarm clock. ( i do suggest timely, love it, need the math problem to not turn off my alarm[when i'm hungover])
you can freeze clock
(unless of course there is a known problem that this will cause for me or any other phone user.)
(take everything i say at the $.02 its worth.)