Battery life??

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Same, battery has also been improving. GPS was the biggest drain, so I don't know if that's just my phone or everyones, but as soon as I turned GPS off only when I need it, the battery has improved like 70%. Never had to do this on previous phones, but meh, weather is still updated accurately, so as long as I have that I can leave it off till I need directions.

Love this GS3!!!

mesii23

Reaction score
For me the battery life sucks. I can lose 20 percent in less than a half hour of browsing, email, and Facebook/Twitter.

Have to be near a charger at all times. Not quite RAZR level bad, but it's close

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
For me the battery life sucks. I can lose 20 percent in less than a half hour of browsing, email, and Facebook/Twitter.

Have to be near a charger at all times. Not quite RAZR level bad, but it's close

Sent from my 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III using Forum Runner

So you're definitely suffering from one of the many potential battery drainers. Check out my thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...one-random-problem-battery-2.html#post2228823 . A few suggestions posted, and like I said mine was an issue with GPS. So I can assure you that your battery life is lower than normal. In that same amount of time/usage, I'll probably lose about 5-10%.

Now the trick will be finding out what it is. Gsam helps, but it'll still take some investigating...

brutius

Reaction score
So you're definitely suffering from one of the many potential battery drainers. Check out my thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...one-random-problem-battery-2.html#post2228823 . A few suggestions posted, and like I said mine was an issue with GPS. So I can assure you that your battery life is lower than normal. In that same amount of time/usage, I'll probably lose about 5-10%.

Now the trick will be finding out what it is. Gsam helps, but it'll still take some investigating...

Looks like I will have to do the same thing. My battery went from 100% when I woke up to 29% by the time I got to work 3 hours later.

down1plus2

Reaction score
My battery seems to be fine compared to my droid razr. After heavy use all day im only down to 55%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

harp666

Reaction score
Great battery life here as well, best battery life of any droid phone I've owned thus far.

wooddale

Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a battery for the 9300 S3 will it work in ours looks the same but scared to try it dont want to blow up the phone. Voltage specs are the same also.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I mistakenly bought a battery for the 9300 S3 will it work in ours looks the same but scared to try it dont want to blow up the phone. Voltage specs are the same also.

There shouldn't be any problems. All versions of the S3 use the same battery.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I'd say as long as it fits it should work no problem. Do let us know how it goes though.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
wooddale said:

Every new S3 from the European to the US variant uses the same battery, all phones are the same size with same specs, the only differences are the radios and processors. The only reason they use different model numbers is to differentiate them from each carrier.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Every new S3 from the European to the US variant uses the same battery, all phones are the same size with same specs, the only differences are the radios and processors. The only reason they use different model numbers is to differentiate them from each carrier.

Yep. The only one that's slightly different is the Korean quad-core LTE beast. It's slightly thicker. Besides that one, they're all the same size and use the same battery.

xluryan

Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone. Check out this awesome battery life :rating10:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
did you use the phone at all?

Besides a little Google Maps action, it doesn't look like it. It has to just sit there for an extended period of time to show those types of percentages, especially if Minimalistic Text is registering in the top few processes.