Battery life

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by INCREMENTAL, Nov 13, 2011.

1. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL New Member

I've noticed that after I charge my phone and the charge is at one hundred percent I unplug it and a few minutes after I go and check my battery status and its already down to 90 has anyone else had this problem. Also anyone having a problem with not getting any data connection at
  2. busab

busab New Member

Yeah mine does the exact same thing. Idk if that's considered normal or not but i believe my original Droid did that as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  3. Deron

Deron New Member

That percentage shown on your phone's lock screen is rounded to the nearest 10%. That was also on the Droid X. I did not realize it was rounding until I downloaded a free app called circle battery widget. This creates a widget on the home screen which tells you the battery percent rounded to the nearest whole number. (I needed a specific battery percent reading when conducting my battery experiments.)

After using this widget I realize that the lock screen shows full charge when your battery gets to 95% or above ...it is rounding up. So what you perceive as a full battery may only be 95 or 96 %. Then when it drops down to 94%, the phone rounds down to 90% as the reported battery percent. If you have the circle battery widget, you can see this happening.

So it appears to you that the battery has lost a tenth of its life in a short time, while in reality it probably went from 96 to 94 %.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
Search tags for this page

droid razrsucks

why does my droid razr round my battery percent