Battery life

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK since I swapped and got my second Razr, the screen is good and the in call quality is clear. Thank God..Anyway, I am still amazed at my battery life. I am at 40% after its first charge out of box right to charger before turning on. I AM awaiting the first full drain which of course by now you should all know is crucial. So I have downloaded all my apps and just finished a large download of ivona (an awesome human like sexy voice data) which was around 250+megs. I have read and received numerous emails and made a couple of short phone calls. Played a couple of games (which is rare) and I'm just beside myself. Still no smart actions. No 4g as well as I just don't have it but then again I really don't need it..I'm sure off and on playing with stuff here and there light use...and I took it off the charger at 4pm yesterday ...just letting it die now for its first burn in...Then I will let it charge again 100% and drop completely...From then on I will like always as most do not let it get past 25% life left and hit the charger...The good thing is a lot of new people are learning how to take special yet crucial care of their batteries. This is good. Hope to see a few of you around to stay when the SBF file hits. Then its off to flashing I go! I've already got some development close to some MODs in the flavor of no throttle! Lovely...Peace brothers and sisters! Loving me some Razr right now!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

epphllps

Reaction score
Thanks for the screen shots....what app are you using? I used andross on the dx2 and it doesn't work on the razr ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I just typed SCREENSHOT in market search and grabbed the first one available. It happens to be called "screenshot".

Deron

Reaction score
Maybe your battery widget is faulty. Download another battery circle widget, run it simultaneously, and see if the numbers match.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

epphllps

Reaction score
Maybe your battery widget is faulty. Download another battery circle widget, run it simultaneously, and see if the numbers match.

I will give this a shot today. I'm obviously desperate to figure this out. If I ever need to be out all day without a charger I want to feel that my razr will last.

Kimo91

Reaction score
After a week of owning this beast and drained my battery twice, I'm up to over 12 hours on a full charge with moderate use which IMO is great. One big thing for me is turning 4G off until I really need it which is when I'm home. When I go to work or road trips I'll leave it on 3G.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
After a week of owning this beast and drained my battery twice, I'm up to over 12 hours on a full charge with moderate use which IMO is great. One big thing for me is turning 4G off until I really need it which is when I'm home. When I go to work or road trips I'll leave it on 3G.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

Yes I only have 3g for now so my use is endless on a full charge...lol honestly the speeds I get are double from my D2 and it was almost instant..This is just a great device. My wifi downloads are super fast. No need for 4g anyway for me! Peace..:)

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

senker

Reaction score
Take advantage of the Smart Actions. If your sitting at home, turn off the GPS. If your not using something turn it off. :icon_ lala:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I noticed that even though I told my phone to shut off Wifi when the screen is off from the Wifi settings it wouldn't do it. So I added to my smart action when screen off to turn off cellular data, background sync, and now WIFI. So that way it is not running all the time.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running wide open...No GPS unless needed and data runs in background. I turn wifi on when I get home if I plan to download. Like I said a few times. Smart actions are good for those having issues with battery. But for me, its all good letting the smartphone be smart..lol Love it. My other phones are getting jealous...lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

imbue

Reaction score
Take advantage of the Smart Actions. If your sitting at home, turn off the GPS. If your not using something turn it off. :icon_ lala:

If you get hungry...eat something. If you get tired...pull over.

Sorry...couldn't resist. :)

Zandar

Reaction score
I get great battery life with the 4G turned off; on 3G this thing is a beast! On 4G it's blazing fast (I've seen as high as 35Mbps, but the norm is much lower), but the battery also goes very quickly. At least we have the choice to use 4G, though, right? I'd hate to be forced to stay on only 3G in an LTE era, like some phones which will remain nameless.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get great battery life with the 4G turned off; on 3G this thing is a beast! On 4G it's blazing fast (I've seen as high as 35Mbps, but the norm is much lower), but the battery also goes very quickly. At least we have the choice to use 4G, though, right? I'd hate to be forced to stay on only 3G in an LTE era, like some phones which will remain nameless.

Yes indeed brother! These razr's rock!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

pico1

Reaction score
So my battery was weird now. I was at 10% then it just went right to 5%. Never seen that before