Battery Life

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Patience Grasshopper! When it is sent Over-The-Air (OTA), you will see it on your phone.

Yeah, it isn't really an OTA update--more like an update gotten off a development server. People are referring to it as OTA and/or soak update, but it really isn't either of those. If you've rooted and really want it right away, exercise you're search skillz.

The fully tested version will be offered OTA when its ready.

Skynski

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully sooner than later I hate having to charge my phone all the time.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I spotted a battery calibration method in the new Android magazine, just tried it, see if it works, but here are the steps:
1.Plug into charger, let charge fully
2.Disconnect, turn off, then reconnect charger til you see 100% batt icon
3.Disconnect, turn phone back on, then turn off.
4.Reconnect Charger wait for 100% icon, disconnect charger and power up phone.
5.*Optional* Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around, lol

This is a calibration method that I came across, it may work, it may not. I did it, so if I notice a massive positive improvement I will post back, but up to you guys if you wanna try it now.

I'm not sure what those steps are supposed to do--what the theory behind them are. They look like the kinds of things you would be told to bring some life back to the old NiCad batteries, but I have my doubts they are relevant to the batteries in these phones.

REMilk

Reaction score
Yeah, it isn't really an OTA update--more like an update gotten off a development server. People are referring to it as OTA and/or soak update, but it really isn't either of those. If you've rooted and really want it right away, exercise you're search skillz.

The fully tested version will be offered OTA when its ready.

Why did you say that it is not an OTA update? It will be an OTA update that is pushed out when it is ready!

If I had not prefaced it with patience, I would have pointed to the instructions for installing the soak version!

REMilk

Reaction score
The over-the-air (OTA) update is when Verizon pushes out the updates to their version of the Android operating system to the smartphones. There is nothing you need to do, other than wait and be patient until it arrives.

When it arrives on your phone, there will be a pop-up informing you that there is an update to your phones software.
You will have an option to "Install Now" or "Install Later".

Regardless of what others may say, you need this update if nothing else than to improve battery life.

To the best of my knowledge, Verizon has not yet started pushing out this update. When they start, it may take many days until everyone receives the update.

There is a version, that may be exactly this that was sent out for a "soak" test. This version is available for you to manually install. You can search the forum to find it and install if you wish. I've opted to wait for the final production version.

So you have a choice, you can have "Patience Grasshopper" and wait for the OTA update or take a few minutes, and I mean less than 10 minutes, and manually install the soak version.

Bob