Battery life

darinr80

Reaction score
My battery life stinks. After about an hour I'm down to 80%. That's with no wifi on. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

ABQNM

Reaction score
My battery life stinks. After about an hour I'm down to 80%. That's with no wifi on. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

As I posted in the battery life thread as well based on your answer yesterday, the cell standby percentage seemed high. Please provide the following info:

In the battery manager choose display and list how much time the display was on for.

In the battery manager choose cell standby and tell me the percentage of time with no signal.

Go to Settings>About Phone>Network and look at the signal strength number while the phone is where you keep it and see what it says.

Battery life is hard to diagnose without more information.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Sorry that was someone else that replied with their info. Your post was there, but never got any additional info.

Please also include what you see in the battery manager as using the battery and the higher percentages as well.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Cmon people.. info info info. Call Setting set to CMDA? Brightness levels? 3G on? Auto-syncs on? etc.

OP
D

darinr80

Reaction score
Display was on for 38 minutes. Display is 44%, Maps is 24%, voice calls is 12%, phone idle is 8%, and dialer is 3%. I take it off the charger in the morning and go to work, never using wifi, and it's down to 80% in an hour. I turned off sync for Google News widget, put Remember The Milk to manual, as well as Evernote. Any ideas?

ABQNM

Reaction score
If you are using GPS with maps, that will use quite a bit of power. It will be using GPS, 3G and the screen. Those are the highest battery drains on the device. If you use GPS while driving, I highly recommend using a car charger. Also, have you set the device to CDMA only mode? While in the US, there is no need for it to be in global mode and others report that it helps battery life a lot. I have had it on CDMA mode since day 1, as with all world phones I do that right away.

I charged mine a little while ago when it hit 15% and it had been running for 56 hours. Screen on time was 6 hours 41 minutes. Wifi on the entire time (not connected all the time though, which uses more power) and everything syncing every 30 min (weather, twitter, fb, g+, etc). I also used it for about 2.5 hours of music streaming from google music and about 60 emails and an hour of voice calls.

OP
D

darinr80

Reaction score
Thank you. Yeah I'm not using GPS normally on my way to work. Yes I set it to CDMA only and turned off roaming. Between my news, Remember the Milk, Evernote, and sync services, SOMETHING has to be sucking the battery life because I just got the phone in May so it's not old. I wonder if there's anything else I can try.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Has it always been that way or did the battery life get worse? It may be a bad battery too. Those numbers seem a bit off, but if the screen was full brightness combined with the maps usage (which uses at least the data connection if not GPS as well) that could be possible. If I set my screen to full brightness with a black screen (uses the most power) and the display to never shut off and let it sit idle in airplane mode, the display uses about 8-9% per hour. Add data usage back in and I guess those numbers could be realistic if the display is full brightness. I would recommend using the lowest brightness setting your surroundings allow for.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Why is your maps app using so much battery? Sounds like you use it a lot. If you just recently got he phone give it a couple days because I initially only got around 14 hours at first but after some tweaks and a couple of days it was able to go 50+ with moderate use. If a couple days pass and there is no change then I suggest going to the Verizon store and tell em what's up.

Oh and do you have a task killer? If so get rid of it. It will drain your battery not help it. Having a lot of widgets on auto sync kills battery too. You can if you want to disable the background application setting thing(i forget the actual name) that is above auto sync in settings

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

Last edited: