Battery Life?

islander90

Reaction score
when I first got the phone, I held back and waited to play with it until it was 100% charged, then beat the hell out of it with syncing, downloading, installing, navigation, full brightness, automatic brightness, and video until it died after probably only 7 hours. Charged it back up to 100% before unplugging it this morning and it's been going for 5 hours and only says 80%:

Cell Standby: 41%
Phone idle: 36%
WiFi: 9%
Display: 8% (35 minutes)
Android OS: 4%
Android system: 3%

will update this post tonight once it's drained a bit more

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
I went 11 hours today and went from 100% to 70% charge, use was minimal (less than 1 hr screen time on) and I had background data DISABLED, seemed to make a huge difference, whereas yesterday I went from 100% to 15% in 10 hours. Downside is you don't get e-mails and notifications other than texts.

Wow, I wouldn't be able to live without my data connection always on!

Today (my fourth day with the D3) has been my best day yet. The phone's been running off battery for almost 15 hours, and is reporting 20%. That's with me playing the NOVA demo (until it wouldn't let me play any more ;-), using Google Maps a little, IMing, emailing and a couple of short calls.

Maps 41%
Cell standby 17%
Wi-Fi 16%
Phone idle 14%
Android System 7%
Display 3% (amazing)
Android OS 2%

Pretty weird stats, especially considering my limited Maps usage. Yesterday this was probably true (used Maps a lot), but today it was brief...

The battery / cell standyby has got to be an issue they will resolve as soon as they can, no way all of us are struggling to live without email notifications and the neccessary things we need to be alerted of with background data off, the whole point of a smartphone is to stay on top of all this! <long sigh> I have faith this will be resolved, until then I have a charger at work, home, car and at my boyfriends.

THAT being said - dude, how did you get on the NOVA shuttle? I spun around and around and couldnt figure out what to do! :D

kanundrum

Reaction score
Extended Batt Provides about 13 to 14 hours of Good Use (heavy on occasion) (used Batt Left to calculate)

JohnDa

Reaction score
Mine: 13h 55m on battery - 50% battery left.

Cell standby 37%
Phone Idle 35%
com.motorola.contacts.data 17%
Display 3%

My phone sat overnight while I slept - about 7 h. Since then, I have used it a moderate amount. About an hour of music/podcasts, some email, some internet searching.

Interestingly, despite the high % cell standby and idle, my phone lost less battery overnight than my OG Droid would. Both have push email and are set to update weatherbug every 2 h. Since my battery life seems as good, but probably better, than my OG Droid, is it possible that the difference is in how the battery drain is being seen/reported on this phone.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
What peeves me, is that the 1930 mAH battery is imperceptibly larger... not the big giant hunk some extended batteries tend to be.

And compared to the normal replacement battery, it's only $10 more...

With battery life being the biggest complaint about smartphones... why isn't this battery the standard one that comes with the phone?

Snow02

Reaction score
What peeves me, is that the 1930 mAH battery is imperceptibly larger... not the big giant hunk some extended batteries tend to be.

And compared to the normal replacement battery, it's only $10 more...

With battery life being the biggest complaint about smartphones... why isn't this battery the standard one that comes with the phone?

So they can sell you the extended battery, of course.

islander90

Reaction score
Ok so its lasted me all day still (see my post a few up)... now its been going for 14.5 hours and down to 20%... here are my stats:

Cell standby: 39%
Phone idle: 34%
Display: 9% (2 hours)
Voice calls: 7% (15 minutes)
android OS: 4%
Wifi: 3%
Android system: 3%
Bluetooth: 2%

Not much browsing but im still pretty happy with that. If they fix the cell standby issue, it'll be great

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Wwhhhhaaatttttt!?

9 seconds of maps accounts for 50% of battery used!? And display is at 12% and 1hr 30

Some definate task management problems, big time

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i'm guessing this is with an extended batt?
(if not, you must be some sort of human wireless phone recharger pad.... and i must know your secret.)

13hrs 10min
Cell standby 43%
Phone idle 34%
Display 12%
Android OS 7%
Android system 5%
10% battery left with almost 3hrs display time.

end of line...

Nope stock standard battery. Got almost another hr of use after I posted this with nonstop use. So....14hrs with moderate-heavy use. I'll take it.

end of line...

bw13

Reaction score
Turn off the Global radio people

8 hours and 46% left. Better than my Droid 1 and I keep push on for 2 email accounts. Make sure you turn OFF the global radio, it comes turned on. Go into settings and put it on CDMA only.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the D3 has battery percentages in 1% increments? Motorola finally did something about that?

Liberty Justice

jimikeys

Reaction score
my battery life is great. this extended battery is also great...it's a great thing

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
At 14hrs, 20% left with 2 1/2hrs display on time. Rather moderate use for me. Lovin it.

end of line...

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong, I'm getting worse battery time then I had on my thunderbolt and I have an extended battery on this phone.
My phone has been off the charger for two hours and its already down to 70%. I've taken a few pictures and played two of my games and already 30% is gone.
I dont have anything crazy on my phone that I would think would chew up this much battery life.
Help?

Rouxdy

Reaction score
I'm happy with the battery situation. I did buy the extended battery but I used the phone for four days before that battery arrived and I had no complaints about stock.