Battery Life?

spillner

Reaction score
On a whim, I did a factory reset and my battery life has increased dramatically since then

When my phone was randomly rebooting I did a factory reset and manually installed my apps. I now go all day with moderate usuage with no problems and no reboots. dancedroid

Ragnell

Reaction score
Did light useage on my phone yesterday, alittle twitter and texting, and when I got home, I was on 30%, not sure what the "hell", I told the verzion rep, he told me to leave the phone with him in the morning and come back in the afternoon to see if I can replace it. He also had a D3 and showed me his time on the battery was 15hs and he was at 50%, I've never gotten to 10hs on my D3.

I don't want the VZN reps to be nosy and go through my emails and personal stuff, any way to log my phone about what they are doing while I'm gone? I can't lock the phone as well

Bixby

Reaction score
After ALL of the tests, discussions, conjecture, contentment & frustration...what do u think is a respectable amount of time to get with the extended battery?!?
I know, there r a ton of variables, but figure moderate use (FB/email/texts/calls/pics/DROID forums, haha, etc). No music steaming , you tube, serious gaming or navigation, just 4 THIS posts sake. I don't know about u all, but I'm confounded???

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
After ALL of the tests, discussions, conjecture, contentment & frustration...what do u think is a respectable amount of time to get with the extended battery?!?
I know, there r a ton of variables, but figure moderate use (FB/email/texts/calls/pics/DROID forums, haha, etc). No music steaming , you tube, serious gaming or navigation, just 4 THIS posts sake. I don't know about u all, but I'm confounded???

I certainly think 48 hours is achievable. But thats given a good signal, not playing games or streaming music or playing videos and so on. I was getting 60% over 12 hours fairly regularly on work days where the signal is very weak. And that was syncing two gmail accounts and facebook. If you've followed this thread much you can see that there is really very little that has had a big impact to that number. So 24 hours under those circumstances is achievable.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Did light useage on my phone yesterday, alittle twitter and texting, and when I got home, I was on 30%, not sure what the "hell", I told the verzion rep, he told me to leave the phone with him in the morning and come back in the afternoon to see if I can replace it. He also had a D3 and showed me his time on the battery was 15hs and he was at 50%, I've never gotten to 10hs on my D3.

I don't want the VZN reps to be nosy and go through my emails and personal stuff, any way to log my phone about what they are doing while I'm gone? I can't lock the phone as well

Did he say what battery he had?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Looks like the backup sync is set to fire at night when its plugged in, so I'll leave it and remove the FaceBook sync.

Left my WIFI on all day and so got 57% today. Will try again tomorrow.

Bixby

Reaction score
I certainly think 48 hours is achievable. But thats given a good signal, not playing games or streaming music or playing videos and so on. I was getting 60% over 12 hours fairly regularly on work days where the signal is very weak. And that was syncing two gmail accounts and facebook. If you've followed this thread much you can see that there is really very little that has had a big impact to that number. So 24 hours under those circumstances is achievable.

Mildly confused? You ended up with 60% left after 12 hours at work, or u used 60% (left with 40%)?!? I too have a VERY WEAK signal at work, figures! Not much u can do about that...

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I'm also having battery life issues. I've only had my droid 3 since Tuesday night, so color me surprised when today I've dropped down to 50% in just under 4 hours. I'm running fewer apps than on my droid 1, I haven't even downloaded most of them yet.

At this rate, the battery will be de ad before my lunch break...

Ragnell

Reaction score
Did he say what battery he had?

Standard battery

when today to drop my phone off, could remember the reps name, so I talked to another, a woman, told her and she tried to tell me "these kinda phones" don't last a day, I stickly told her that's bull and gave her two examples, my GFs D3 had over a 1d 4hs on it at 50% and the other vzn rep that had over a day on his phone, so she said shed order a new phone to be shipped to my house in 5 days, glad I didn't have to leave my phone.

And to test and make sure I wasn't crazy, I did extremely light use of my phone yesterday, No twitter, no facebook, 3 checkins on foursqaure and 3 app downloads, and no texts at 6pm the battery was at 50%. So there has to be something wrong with my phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Mildly confused? You ended up with 60% left after 12 hours at work, or u used 60% (left with 40%)?!? I too have a VERY WEAK signal at work, figures! Not much u can do about that...

Should have said "left with" instead of "getting". 60% remaining. And that was before I set-up a custom battery saver that turned data off after 15 minutes during work hours. Since then I am around 70%

militant

Reaction score
So I got the extended battery for 30 off amazon and gave it a proper full charge, and I'm still doing the initial drain to zero. 23 hours off charger and its at 54% lol... ****s crazy.