Battery Life?

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm still loving not being attached to chargers any more. Was using the phone all day, thats about 2-3 hours of talking on the phone among other things that oddly aren't showing up on the screenshot.

IMG_0646.JPG

and the battery circle widget seems to work perfectly for me.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I'm still loving not being attached to chargers any more. Was using the phone all day, thats about 2-3 hours of talking on the phone among other things that oddly aren't showing up on the screenshot.

IMG_0646.JPG

Love that you have the 360 ultimate, one of the few paid apps actually worth paying for

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Back on blur and as expected, 60%. I am removing the calendar widget for today's test.

Oddly enough, 50% today. I had one phone call all day--and you know how wives are about brevity. Still I don't think that accounts for the 50%. Will go back to Go Launcher and try it again tomorrow without the Calendar widget. It isn't that I think I'll save with Go, I just don't like the Blur icons and such.

50% again today. This is unexpected so I'm adding the calendar widget to my desktop today to try to see if it added 10%. I know this sounds ridiculous, but thats what it looks like.

One other possibility. The resolution of the settings panel display of battery strength is every 10%. So we don't really know if 60% is 55% or 64% or what. Still I got a reliable 60% for so long I'd have to guess something changed. The only thing I know changed is that I have the new market today.

Well I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 60% tonight--with the calendar widget added. Actually Circle widget says 57%, but that doesn't account for the result over the last three days. One more time without the Calendar widget and If I get 50%, then I don't know what to say.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I got my D3 Tuesday & so far with moderate to heavy use, I unplug it at 7am and it dies at about 9:30 pm.....I have to say coming from a thunderbolt I'm happy with this battery!

alboboy10

Reaction score

IMG_0646.JPG

Love that you have the 360 ultimate, one of the few paid apps actually worth paying for

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I got it free. It's a great app

alboboy10

Reaction score

IMG_0646.JPG

This is weird. How is your display so low

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

IMG_0646.JPG

During those phone calls his display is probably off and even when it's on, it uses far less power than my old D1 did.

darkmatter

Reaction score

IMG_0646.JPG

During those phone calls his display is probably off and even when it's on, it uses far less power than my old D1 did.

Actually, one phone call was for an hour and a half on speakerphone, screen on.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
Your standby is extremely high. If I looked at that screen I would assume it wasn't used much.

My display is always over 60

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Oddly enough, 50% today. I had one phone call all day--and you know how wives are about brevity. Still I don't think that accounts for the 50%. Will go back to Go Launcher and try it again tomorrow without the Calendar widget. It isn't that I think I'll save with Go, I just don't like the Blur icons and such.

50% again today. This is unexpected so I'm adding the calendar widget to my desktop today to try to see if it added 10%. I know this sounds ridiculous, but thats what it looks like.

One other possibility. The resolution of the settings panel display of battery strength is every 10%. So we don't really know if 60% is 55% or 64% or what. Still I got a reliable 60% for so long I'd have to guess something changed. The only thing I know changed is that I have the new market today.

Well I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. 60% tonight--with the calendar widget added. Actually Circle widget says 57%, but that doesn't account for the result over the last three days. One more time without the Calendar widget and If I get 50%, then I don't know what to say.

This is early because I just dropped to the 50% threshold (54% via circle widget) So I guess the calendar widget saves you battery time. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I guess that shows the value of testing these things (though I still don't really believe the calendar widget is actually saving energy).

And it seems every time I get past these sorts of things something else pops up. Today someone posted on the moto support forum that the gmail app was chewing through their battery. I want to move through the other tests I wanted to perform before trying to replace the gmail app so gmail waits for next week.

Fr33dom

Reaction score

This is early because I just dropped to the 50% threshold (54% via circle widget) So I guess the calendar widget saves you battery time. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I guess that shows the value of testing these things (though I still don't really believe the calendar widget is actually saving energy).

And it seems every time I get past these sorts of things something else pops up. Today someone posted on the moto support forum that the gmail app was chewing through their battery. I want to move through the other tests I wanted to perform before trying to replace the gmail app so gmail waits for next week.

Actually since I need to go to San Diego next week, this may wait a little longer.

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
Does removing the SIMS card effect battery life ? Ive switched mine to CDMA and that made a giant difference. On Monday it held up for right around 22 hours, but average for me is 10-12.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Does removing the SIMS card effect battery life ? Ive switched mine to CDMA and that made a giant difference. On Monday it held up for right around 22 hours, but average for me is 10-12.

Removing the sim card has the exact same effect as switching to CDMA.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

billy4

Reaction score
So it helps battery life?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JPT

Reaction score
Got my phone this past Wednesday afternoon. Wasn't able to get it up and running until later that night, so Thursday was my first full day of usage. I started with 100% charge Thursday morning around 7am and by 2pm it had dropped down to 20%. During those 7 hours I sent a few texts, made two calls totaling a couple of minutes and listened to a streaming radio app for about an hour. I had wifi and GPS turned off. I'm in and out of my car all day for my job, so after it got down to 20%, I found myself constantly using the car charger the rest of the afternoon to keep it up to around 50%.

Thursday night I charged it back to 100% at home and took it off the charger at 7am Friday. More calls, more texting and two hours listening to a radio app while working. This time my batter didn't get down to 20% until 8pm! So, what took 7 hours the first day took 13 hours the next, and with more activity.

Definite improvement in battery life on the second day!

Last edited: