Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by n8sco, Jul 9, 2011.

1. compywiz

compywiz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank god. If they get these issues resolved I might just rebuy the phone.

2. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Hell yeah! Sounds like it'll make the battery life simply amazing.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

3. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed that you were the same person who said they were running it stock.

4. BenLand150

Ratings:
    +95
    Ah, it's all good man.

5. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Day one of testing was with the sim card out, day two with it in. I compared the battery during the day at similar times and tried to have similar use profiles. At the end of each day I had 60% remaining.

Today I will try deleting the social network application's configuration settings.

6. Ghleyo

Ghleyo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After getting my DROID3 five days ago, I'm still getting horrid battery life. It's dropping at a pretty steady rate everyday, only lasting about 9hrs with any kind of use. I did a hard reset w/cache partition clear which didn't solve the problem. But after running the phone hard to get everything back on it still showed as much battery loss as if it was sitting asleep.

The radio signal reports stays in the gray-brown-brown area, which is bad(or so I'm going from past posts) and can understand the radio going nuts over this, but my poor HTC Eris can be just radio for 3days ATLEAST(same area in my house) while this thing kills itself overnight.

Hoping Moto comes with a patch soon before i hit 14days.

7. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually you can just go to your battery usage screen, press the top where it has the total time used and that screen will pop up. I did it on my D3

sent from my dThree

9. Ragnell

Ragnell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which battery mode does everyone use? Does Max life make a difference besides upating your data? Like Performance wise?

I've been using Customer battery saver, Brightness near lowest, Offpeak Hours 1am- 6am Turn off data after 15mins, Turn off data always on for peak hours

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  10. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Day three is ending and I am at 70%! What is extra special about this is that I left WIFI on all day. I also unwittingly left my adhoc wireless connection on at work most half of the day so the WIFI settings only affected part of the day.

Now I'm not saying WIFI gave me longer battery live. I said on the last post that I would test removing the Social Networking configuration. But when I looked for a way to do that, I came up empty. The app has nothing to do this with and under Manage Applications there was not much to do but force closing things. I'll detail this more in the morning if I have time, but suffice it to say that I thought that was basically a failed test. When I got to work I noticed I had left my WIFI on and decided to leave it that way.

So tomorrow I will leave WIFI off and make sure the social networking and social location apps get placed in the autokill bucket. I'll have a cleaner test to report tomorrow, but in the mean time I think we have enough proof that these two applications are a source of battery woes. If most of you were like me, you at least tried the app Social Networking, and perhaps Social Location--parts of the bloat that Moto or Verizon rudely failed to clean off our phones before sending them to us. Well if like me you discovered the remarkably useless work flow that these apps forced you through--describable only by invoking the name Edsel, and then marched off immediately to the market and downloaded the Facebook app and so on, you may well be paying for your natural curiosity with lower battery life. I'll confirm this supposition tomorrow and let you know.

11. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been routinely checking the built in task manager, and I haven't once seen Social Location or Networking open in the background. I'm thinking it might have to do with that fact I've NEVER used either program. I use the dedicated appropriate app for each service, and don't ever bother with the stream-lined social networking apps. Hoping it stays that way and once root is available I will just be freezing all bloatware.

12. BenLand150

Ratings:
    +95
    I downloaded ShutUpBatterSaver, mind sharing your settings? I don't quite get it. >.>

Search tags for this page
2m and 9s on battery

droid 3 battery life

droid 3 by motorola battery life
droid battery 3sh00134 53m
droid razr drops batter life in incriments of 10
phone idle is at 34%
putting apps on the front page causes more batteery life
s4 display sucking battery
what does 5m 33s on battery mean on android phone