Battery Life?

aramos87

Reaction score
Well as far as the guy saying to only expect 8 hours out of it is kinda bs because I use my phone pretty moderately throughout the day in a pretty low signal area, and my battery is at 50% with 14 hrs 16 mins since I took it off the charger, and its pretty consistent every day.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I gave in and carried mine into the Ver store today and told them about the battery issues, he takes the phone in back, comes back in about 5 minutes and hands it back to me and says try it now.
All he told me was something was installed that shouldn't be....? I asked but he just said some apps were running that don't need to be on all the time.

Now, I don't know if he actually did a damned thing or not but, wouldn't Watchdog have told me if something like this was up? The only other thing he screwed with was the display timeout setting which seems pointless if the battery is dying when I'm not even turning the display on.

Whatever the guy did, my Wifi has started working again now so maybe it wasn't a total lost cause.
He actually told me that 8 hours was all I could expect from it so apparently all of you getting better are outright liars..... either that or he's full of s---.
When I told him my Og Droid lasted 2 days he said it had a much bigger battery in it, he claims they've downsized battery life to save space..... I said BS and left.

I guess time will tell if whatever he did helps, funny why it had to be such a secret.

HAHA Please don't call the people here liars when you have a Verizon rep telling you they downsized the battery.

Droid3 battery = 1540 mAh, Droid battery = 1420 mAh

That guy is full of crap.

billy4

Reaction score
The people at Verizon are such aholes..I've gone in there so many times telling them about my battery problem and wanting a new battery and all they ever say is "oh yeah the battery life sucks I have to charge my phone by noon everyday" and look at my phone and tell me to look at my apps. Its ridiculous how they can't just give you a new battery or actually help you. I just ordered an extended battery for my phone hopefully I can get through a day without it dying.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

howzball

Reaction score
I gave in and carried mine into the Ver store today and told them about the battery issues, he takes the phone in back, comes back in about 5 minutes and hands it back to me and says try it now.
All he told me was something was installed that shouldn't be....? I asked but he just said some apps were running that don't need to be on all the time.

Now, I don't know if he actually did a damned thing or not but, wouldn't Watchdog have told me if something like this was up? The only other thing he screwed with was the display timeout setting which seems pointless if the battery is dying when I'm not even turning the display on.

Whatever the guy did, my Wifi has started working again now so maybe it wasn't a total lost cause.
He actually told me that 8 hours was all I could expect from it so apparently all of you getting better are outright liars..... either that or he's full of s---.
When I told him my Og Droid lasted 2 days he said it had a much bigger battery in it, he claims they've downsized battery life to save space..... I said BS and left.

I guess time will tell if whatever he did helps, funny why it had to be such a secret.

HAHA Please don't call the people here liars when you have a Verizon rep telling you they downsized the battery.

Droid3 battery = 1540 mAh, Droid battery = 1420 mAh

That guy is full of crap.

You think? =)
Sucks too cause it was a pain getting to that store with all the traffic. All for nothing.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
80% tonight. I take this as proof that the problem is the low signal I get at work. I did switch back to CDMA only. I think I'll try tomorrow with global just to see.

90% tonight with one phone call and one short video (stored locally). So the Global setting is not chewing through my battery when I have good signal either. Tomorrow back to testing other settings. Back to CDMA for now.

Back on blur and as expected, 60%. I am removing the calendar widget for today's test.

Oddly enough, 50% today. I had one phone call all day--and you know how wives are about brevity. Still I don't think that accounts for the 50%. Will go back to Go Launcher and try it again tomorrow without the Calendar widget. It isn't that I think I'll save with Go, I just don't like the Blur icons and such.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Haha, the girl at my VZW said the same exact thing! She didn't tell me the specific app, though.. just said I downloaded an app that was constantly running and uninstalled it. Didn't really help though. I had the extended battery, too. So the next day I went back, a different guy said it was a problem with my phone and it was discharging my battery at rapid rates or something and got me a new one. Well.. they were sold out, so they ordered one and I got it in the mail today. Now, same extended battery but different phone, I went from having 8hrs of battery life to now having been using my phone for about 16hrs with 40% left. This is awesome!

So, ya, I guess some people having battery problems, it might be the phone.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
This is awesome!

So now all is right? Are you sure that you didn't do something different? On the first phone did you factory reset and then not sync apps/wifi settings? Did you run the phone purely stock, dial*22899, turn off GSM, discharge then charge 100% the battery on that first Droid 3, do without live wallpapers and widgets?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, I did all of that. Took it off global, took out the sim card, run out my battery a couple times, updated roaming, restored my phone after all that didn't work, manually installed apps, repeated the other steps.. all that.

My new phone.. haven't done half that stuff and it's a lot better.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wifes week old phone plagued with these problems. 3 hr battery life, gets excessively hot, random reboots and the blue camera. Got a new one on the way. Mine on the other hand has none of these issues.

Sent from my DROID3

LT*

Reaction score
My wife and I each have one. When I went to plug her phone in last night, I noticed that she still had 70% left after 15 hours. Of course she wasn't on it at all for some reason or another. Display didn't even register on the list. Mine was at 30% after the same amount of time with typical use during the day, and a little heavier use in the evening. I'm happy with the battery life we're getting. One thing I don't like is that Cell Standby is always at the top of the list.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wife must have really gotten a lemon.....

Sent from my DROID3

pblev34

Reaction score
I'm convinced that verizon sent out a bunch of bad phones. My first droid 3 averaged about 9-12 hours like many people's do but i had to get a replacement because of all the stupid reboots I was getting. I got my new phone in the mail yesterday and so far today im 4 hours in with 100% battery and my green line hasn't dropped one bit. I'm using the same battery, apps, settings, and everything. Theres no doubt my other droid 3 would be down to 70%ish by now