Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by n8sco, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the battery life on this phone is junk and thats all there is to it....mine has been off the charger for 14hs 43min and at 37%
    Phone Idle 32% for 13hrs 44min
    Display on for 58min (it was nice out today so I was on the bike all day thats y the phone was never used)

now thats a bunch of JUNK my d2 b4 I rooted it and clocked it back would be at 50% after 10hrs with the display being on for 4-5hrs....so thats something that needs to be fixed for sure the phone setting there not being used 99% of the day and its at 37% come on thats stupid....dont get me wrong I love the phone and I can plug it up in the car while im on a job if need be but its the point of the hole thing they need to figure out what is eating up the batt life when the phone is idle!!!!! and im running the exact same apps as on the stock d2 b4 someone asks

2. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thats what I'm thinking as well. We'll see.

3. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Back on blur and as expected, 60%. I am removing the calendar widget for today's test.

4. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6

If you haven't tried a reboot, that would be the first thing to do. Otherwise you could try a factory reset, but it sounds faulty.

5. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Pulling your sim card or setting the phone to use CDMA only is the quickest and best way to save battery so far if you're in a low signal area.

Some have also said the calendar widget is eating lots of battery.

6. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6

The most important bit of information is missing. Regular or extended battery?

Either way, I don't think I'd have that much battery after that much use over 12+ hours, so I'd give it a qualified yes.

7. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6

I used JuiceDefender on my rooted d1 and it will help some, though I still think it failed to do some of what it promised. One free app that has been recommended is shutup battery saver. There is supposed to be a setting that will help in low signal areas. I hope to get to the point of testing it this week.

8. aramos87

aramos87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty sure that they shouldnt be running, I looked in my task manager (stock one) to see what apps were running in the background and what was using my battery the most, and motoblur home was in a (not running) status which to me means that its well... not running. so i doubt that any of the widgets on those screens are using any battery at all.

9. aramos87

aramos87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used JuiceDefender on this phone after having it for two weeksm, and it seemed to drain my battery more than save it. I downloaded it and enabled it overnight to see if it would save more battery while off the charger, and usually in the morning when i wake up its at about 90% after a full charge over night (usually about 6 hours or so). But when using JuiceDefender with all of the same apps as before it was at 70%. Im not sure what settings the app was on, i only enabled it with default settings but that was my experience with it.

10. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    nearly 2-1/2 hours on battery and im still at 100%. havent touched the phone and i have wireless and all data turned off.

is that possible?

B

11. aramos87

aramos87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im at 9 hrs 54 mins and I have 80% still, with my data on.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

12. John.Edwards

John.Edwards Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kind of pointless to have great battery life when not using the device at all.

Yes it is possible. I've tried with the radios off and music playing from a local source for hours and the battery is barely drained. The battery drain is due to the radios - I am hoping for a fix.

The other day I was driving for about three hours (in a good coverage area) and without using the D3 at all, the battery drained from 100% to 30%.

13. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get 2-3 hours at 100% if I barely touch it with background data ON, so YES, its entirely possible. 100% on our phones is calculated as any charge of 95% or above.

14. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What, you don't believe your liein' eyes?

Not everyone is having battery issues, some are quite happy. Indeed, If I worked in an area with good signal I could expect to see around 80% at 12hrs.

So perhaps yer eyes ain't liein' after all.

15. howzball

howzball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I gave in and carried mine into the Ver store today and told them about the battery issues, he takes the phone in back, comes back in about 5 minutes and hands it back to me and says try it now.
    All he told me was something was installed that shouldn't be....? I asked but he just said some apps were running that don't need to be on all the time.

Now, I don't know if he actually did a damned thing or not but, wouldn't Watchdog have told me if something like this was up? The only other thing he screwed with was the display timeout setting which seems pointless if the battery is dying when I'm not even turning the display on.

Whatever the guy did, my Wifi has started working again now so maybe it wasn't a total lost cause.
    He actually told me that 8 hours was all I could expect from it so apparently all of you getting better are outright liars..... either that or he's full of s---.
    When I told him my Og Droid lasted 2 days he said it had a much bigger battery in it, he claims they've downsized battery life to save space..... I said BS and left.

I guess time will tell if whatever he did helps, funny why it had to be such a secret.

Search tags for this page
2m and 9s on battery

droid 3 battery life

droid 3 by motorola battery life
droid battery 3sh00134 53m
droid razr drops batter life in incriments of 10
phone idle is at 34%
putting apps on the front page causes more batteery life
s4 display sucking battery