Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by n8sco, Jul 9, 2011.

1. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Did you try a factory reset & don't sync your data (so apps don't install and wifi settings don't get copied over), don't install apps, dial *22899, turn off GSM, run battery all the way til it shuts off then charge all the way?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    I did all that upon first receiving the phone. I always run a new phone 100% stock without installing anything for the first couple of days to see if there are any issues. And I of course always run the battery all the way down the first time. My battery life is abysmal.

3. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I think its time we cease with posting the stats since the percentages don't tell us all that much right now. It's been pretty clear for some time that the radio is our main suspect. I also think that the resolution of the data on that screen minimizes its usefulness as a debugging tool. We need to look at other tools.

I have been watching the Moto Forums and have found some things that suggest that we are correct about the radio, there may also be an issue with the amount of logging going on. While my personal experience with APC UPS batteries suggests that there could be a problem with the batteries Moto is using, I suspect it isn't a battery issue.

What I have noticed is that I get much better battery life at home on the weekends where my signal is much better. I am using a tool that will let me compare my battery use across several days. So I am working on proving some of the battery saving tactics listed in this thread.

Also mentioned on the Moto thread:

- uninstalled google plus (i hear its current notification method is battery heavy)
    - turned off wifi network availability notification
    - set the 'social networking' delivery frequency to 60 minutes
    - installed ShutUpBatterySaver (free) and configured it to avoid data sync with low signal strength

I turn of my WFI network availability normally. I don't connect to networks I don't own anyway. I don't use Google+ yet, and My social networking delivery is set to push. I don't tend to update Facebook from my phone all that often so I have my doubts that the push is using much. While I did install the battery saver, I disabled it for now since I am trying to actively troubleshoot.

4. John.Edwards

John.Edwards Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried removing the Moto Social network configurations? I removed the config's and started using the dedicated applications and my battery life has been very good since. I typically have about 30-40% left after 18 hours off charge.

5. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1 Day 6 hours 22 minutes off charge - 40% remaining. Regular battery, over 130+ apps, 4 homescreens loaded with widgets. Wifi off, background data on, google location services on.

6. bsweetness

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    Would you mind uploading a picture of your battery usage screen to reflect this? I just find it a little hard to believe. Even people who have reported having good battery life aren't reporting these sort of stats.

7. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    standby 42%
    idle 38%
    system 18%
    OS 2%
    display 2% (39 minutes on)

edit: going to take pic with old phone

crap, no sd card in old phone to take picture... I have no reason to lie. My low screen time on is why the battery is still so high.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  8. bigmac429

bigmac429 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I find that putting your screen display brightness at its lowest and turning off wifi and bluetooth when not using it has saved my battery as welldancedroid

9. manual

manual New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lmao

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

10. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As requested for the haters:

[​IMG]

11. bsweetness

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    No one is hating, just curious as it definitely isn't what most users are experiencing, even those reporting good battery life. Thanks for the picture.

12. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, just ball busting because it seemed you didn't believe me. Glad to help.

Search tags for this page
2m and 9s on battery

droid 3 battery life

droid 3 by motorola battery life
droid battery 3sh00134 53m
droid razr drops batter life in incriments of 10
phone idle is at 34%
putting apps on the front page causes more batteery life
s4 display sucking battery
what does 5m 33s on battery mean on android phone