Battery Life?

militant

Reaction score
3h1m on battery down to 70% already, standby 35%, idle 23%, display 15%(1h)... it's weird. One day I went 5-6 hours draining only 20%, today it seems to be doing 10% every 45 minutes or so. No denying the battery is great when I turn background data off, and while I can still use facebook, and other things with background data off, I do not get e-mails and other such notifications. My weather clock is set to update every 2 hours, I have auto brightness on, updated PRM, radio on CDMA, never have wifi on unless I'm signed into a network, Google location services on. Any ideas?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would being on this forums app for 50minutes straight be considered heavy or light use? Because, doing that, I'm down to 80battery now. Obviously when I'm out and about I won't be able to do that besides sending a few texts here and there so it would hopefully last longer w/ more light use, but I want to know if even it going down to that is too fast for the battery draining. I'm seeing some people saying they've had it on 90% for a couple to a few hours.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Slightly complicated. Lithium Ion's do not like to be run out of power. However, you are also correct that the phone needs to calibrate it's battery gauge. Aim for doing it once every 2 months.

I appreciate and respect this response. Thank you.

Thank you. Here's the popular web site for battery info: Charging Lithium-ion - Battery University

They say a Li-ion likes a partial charge. I thought it was best to minimize charging cycles to prolong battery life--meaning charge fully. It's complicated! Another link: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Site also says batteries probably have circuitry to prevent truly running them all the way down.

Last edited:

dancingcrab

Reaction score
Thank you. Here's the popular web site for battery info: Charging Lithium-ion - Battery University

They say a Li-ion likes a partial charge. I thought it was best too minimize charging cycles to prolong battery life--meaning charge fully. It's complicated! Another link: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Site also says batteries probably have circuitry to prevent truly running them all the way down.

Awesome, cheers man.

My battery is currently at 5% and has been running for over 26 hours. I'm pretty chuffed! Will make sure I let it run all the way down, haven't done that yet.

Last edited:

militant

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. I keep having to turn auto brightness on. Something keeps disabling it. Any idea what gives?

Sent from my DROID3

tonydelite

Reaction score
I'd just like to mention, a brand new Lithium battery typically takes a few cycles before it reaches max capacity. So that is probably the reason that people are seeing improved battery life now.

dancingcrab

Reaction score
dancingcrab said:
My battery is currently at 5% and has been running for over 26 hours. I'm pretty chuffed! Will make sure I let it run all the way down, haven't done that yet.

Just an update - still at 5%, now at 28 hours...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
Battery Usage

Pictures say it all. This is with moderate to light usage. Some phone calls, text messages, browsing facebook, etc.

Display Brightness is AUTO and I have the extended battery installed.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'd just like to mention, a brand new Lithium battery typically takes a few cycles before it reaches max capacity. So that is probably the reason that people are seeing improved battery life now.

Apparently that is not true. Lithium-ion batteries do not require "priming". Source: How to Charge - When to Charge Table - Battery University

That being said, about once every 30 charging cycles run it all the way down and charge it all the way up. Also do this for new phone, new battery, OS update, and factory reset. The battery doesn't require this, but the phone needs it to understand the battery's range.

Last edited:

dancingcrab

Reaction score
Pictures say it all. This is with moderate to light usage. Some phone calls, text messages, browsing facebook, etc.

Wow! Very nice. I ought to mention I do not have the extended battery, but maybe I should because that is immense.

Sent from my DROID 3

militant

Reaction score
What was the screen time on for that screen shot?

Sent from my DROID3

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Thats great! I wonder how the Bionic will do with lte though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums