Battery Life

chefjellynow

Reaction score
Ok I get pretty good battery life in general. When I wake up I unplug the phone and then work 8 hours. When I am done work i usually have 70-80% remaining.( i dont use it much at all at work)

I am away on busuness now and am losing battery completly in 8 hours. Could this be from being on roaming?

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I am sure roaming could be part of the issue, if 3g keeps trying to connect. It could also be if you have WiFi enabled and it keeps scanning for networks. Disable one or both if you aren't using the network connection and it should help while you are away from home.

JScharf92

Reaction score
you might not also have strong servie where you are. that kills the battery since the phone is constantly searching for a stronger signal.

the other issue might be that you are simply using your phone more since you are on the road. checking email constantly on your phone or browsing the internet

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
you might not also have strong servie where you are. that kills the battery since the phone is constantly searching for a stronger signal.

the other issue might be that you are simply using your phone more since you are on the road. checking email constantly on your phone or browsing the internet

That's the issue then. I have had no signal all week. I been working in a underground basement with hardly a bar ever.
Tyvm

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JScharf92

Reaction score

That's the issue then. I have had no signal all week. I been working in a underground basement with hardly a bar ever.
Tyvm

no problem. glad i could help

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Tyvm

If you know your not going to have a signal, put it in airplane mode. I was working in a metal building a while back and couldn't get service, but we did have WiFi. So I would put it in airplane mode, then turn on WiFi. At least I could check email and such. If you are on GB, there is a sleep option now, if you don't have any WiFi.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
So did Froyo do this? Since I seem to have figured out the #1 cause of my battery drain...

I leave my phone somewhere with the screen off and I miss a call that I never answer never unlock the screen and GB just leaves the screen on showing the lock screen until the battery fully drains or I find it.....