Battery Life

acohuo011

Reaction score
Everyone has been saying they get great battery life from the UD rom and I have not been getting any great results. I am using Slayhers "stock" kernel because I don't really know how to get the stock kernel. I would like to know if there is anything I could do to extend battery life.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
For starters to get the revert back to the stock kernel simply reflash the rom without wiping.

OP
A

acohuo011

Reaction score
For starters to get the revert back to the stock kernel simply reflash the rom without wiping.
So I just reflash my UD rom without checking my wipe data and cache option? Does this make my current layout change?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
You are correct sir, just flash the rom directly over ur current without wiping anything, & to be honest, Im not sure about ur current setup, it will retain all ur apps & or documents, but I think it will reset all the phone & ud settings back to the default, u could use something like titanium backup to back them up, then restorAe them, just make sure only to backup & restore thise items.

Maybe, before trying that, try to flash one of Chevy's newest 3/24/11 800mhz kernel, they have worked flawless for me, but, when u reboot into recovery, before flashing the kernel, when in recovery wipe the cache, then flash the kernel, dont panic when it takes longer than usual to boot, thats normal when wiping the cache.

I will write more soon as im done eating....lol...

OP
A

acohuo011

Reaction score
You are correct sir, just flash the rom directly over ur current without wiping anything, & to be honest, Im not sure about ur current setup, it will retain all ur apps & or documents, but I think it will reset all the phone & ud settings back to the default, u could use something like titanium backup to back them up, then restorAe them, just make sure only to backup & restore thise items.

Maybe, before trying that, try to flash one of Chevy's newest 3/24/11 800mhz kernel, they have worked flawless for me, but, when u reboot into recovery, before flashing the kernel, when in recovery wipe the cache, then flash the kernel, dont panic when it takes longer than usual to boot, thats normal when wiping the cache.

Oh ok I have heard using the stock kernel witht he UD 3.1.1 gives great battery life and performance thats why I have been wanting to use it. Also I have had problems with kernels. I install them and then reboot but when I reboot it does boot all the way but I get a red light where the notifications led is and the phone says there is no charge and it usually goes slow or the home screen is all messed up.

OP
A

acohuo011

Reaction score

I flashed the chevy kernel and well it works somewhat fine for me how is battery life on yours?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Its funny u should ask that, though I have always had a bit of a prefrence towards chevys kernels as they have always seemd to work the best speed vs performance on my droid, but I am a little bit in amazement from yesterday, for me batter life is key so i tweak my droid as such, for a 9 hour span at work i can not charge my droid, usually depending on my use during that time at the end of the day i range anywhere 70-80%, yesterday beforw work I flashed Chevys newest release 3.24.11-1.0ghz lowV kernel, I unplugged my droid from charging at about 1:50pm, had what I would consider about my usual use & when I went to bed at around 12:30am today (so over 10 hrs later) my droid was at freakin 90% !!! usually im at 70-80% at the end of work, not when I go to bed...in SetCpu I had no profiles set, & I had it clocked at 125-800mhz in the main screen & in the advaced tab I had it set at: 50000, 96, 0, 0 - now I know some of u will say 96 is pretty high, but mind u my droid was plenty snappy for my tatstes there & being with GB more cpu demanding, the cpu with ramp itself up higher & faster. I should note yesterday I started experimenting using "autokiller memory optimizer" only after doing a lot of reseach & finally having a decent understanding about it I feel confident in using it, I have no Idea if that helped or not, but for those wanting to know I set it as follows: 8, 10, 22, 28, 32, 48....take caution if & when using that app & never set it to apply at boot unless ur confident of how u have it set...

OP
A

acohuo011

Reaction score
Its funny u should ask that, though I have always had a bit of a prefrence towards chevys kernels as they have always seemd to work the best speed vs performance on my droid, but I am a little bit in amazement from yesterday, for me batter life is key so i tweak my droid as such, for a 9 hour span at work i can not charge my droid, usually depending on my use during that time at the end of the day i range anywhere 70-80%, yesterday beforw work I flashed Chevys newest release 3.24.11-1.0ghz lowV kernel, I unplugged my droid from charging at about 1:50pm, had what I would consider about my usual use & when I went to bed at around 12:30am today (so over 10 hrs later) my droid was at freakin 90% !!! usually im at 70-80% at the end of work, not when I go to bed...in SetCpu I had no profiles set, & I had it clocked at 125-800mhz in the main screen & in the advaced tab I had it set at: 50000, 96, 0, 0 - now I know some of u will say 96 is pretty high, but mind u my droid was plenty snappy for my tatstes there & being with GB more cpu demanding, the cpu with ramp itself up higher & faster. I should note yesterday I started experimenting using "autokiller memory optimizer" only after doing a lot of reseach & finally having a decent understanding about it I feel confident in using it, I have no Idea if that helped or not, but for those wanting to know I set it as follows: 8, 10, 22, 28, 32, 48....take caution if & when using that app & never set it to apply at boot unless ur confident of how u have it set...
what kind of tweaks do you do to make it last that long? Mine is still burning battery somewhat what settings do you change? Anything in particular?

chewy74

Reaction score
flashing without wiping will not mess up your layout/placements of widgets or shortcuts, but if you had your UD theme'd (w/Galaxy S for example) you would need to reflash the theme.

So I just reflash my UD rom without checking my wipe data and cache option? Does this make my current layout change?