Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by nhynes86, Nov 9, 2009.

1. moosc

moosc Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    depending on use i get any where from 6 hours which is good to whooping 10.25 hours that was my best but i wasnt using it a whole lot. my biggest pet peeve im tired of reading about is charging cable there is no difference in the charging cable they ALL are micro USB cables nothing fancy just plain simple micro usb. which by the way is going to be the norm over in Europe they have all ready signed a pack for a all new phones to be micro usb heck even the mighty apple iphone is going micro usb. so stop complaining about the dang cable. double check your droid when in you place it in the dock make sure its seated look at the dang icon for the bolt. i dont even use the stock bedside app that is on the droid i downloaded the bedside it does everything minus weather but shows the battery icon.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    it's not the cable, it's the power supplied by said cable....

3. richelesro

richelesro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to find out how much power is being supplied to the phone? I have three car chargers and none of them seem to be the quick-charge type, although they all state 850mA.

4. passleft49

passleft49 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    battery :(

so, my battery doesn't last but for maybe 5 hours...today when i got to work i noticed that at the top there was a little satellite looking thing, i don't know what it was and i didn't know how to turn it off...i just now got the advanced task killer and turned a bunch of stuff off and it's gone, i looked at where my battery usage had gone and 80% of it was the browser...i'm not sure what happened but now i have to go all the way until 7:00 after basketball practice is over without my droid! someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong. :(

5. brewbart

brewbart New Member

Ratings:
    +0

The little satellite icon is your GPS working on finding your location. I had the same problem with the browser draining my battery. All I did was make sure that after I am done with the phone I use Advanced task killer to kill all the apps and then put the phone to sleep. It has increased my battery life about double which while isn't much is better then nothing...

6. diverbelow

diverbelow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went back to 2.0.1 stock yesterday, and I installed Google Sky as it is a very interesting app. Well, I thought I exit out of GS, then I noticed couple hours later, my Droid was flashing the red light (it was already at 20%, and when I opened up GS, it was at 60%).

7. BishopNoble

BishopNoble New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would use advanced task killer (because it is free), and I would make sure to kill tasks that act like a sonar. What I mean by this is an app like AIM checks constantly to see who's online, what their status is, if someone sent you a new message etc. etc. It's constantly checking.

Same thing goes for your gps. They aren't needed, and you should turn them off/kill them when they aren't in use.

I have something on my left page called Power Control. On any of the three pages, click and hold in the empty space. Then select widget, then select power control. This app lets you turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, sync, and adjusts your brightness on your display.

Valuable widget that comes installed by default.

8. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My Droid's battery is now stroking on all 8 cylinders. Yesterday I used it moderately from 4:30am till bedtime (10pm) off and on. Phone calls, video watching, browsing and lots of texts and emails (even 2 barcode lookups) and it had 40% remaining when I docked her.

Search tags for this page
how to improve battery life in droid rz
how to improve my verizon motorola phone battery

is there a way to improve ur driod phones power