Battery Life

nhynes86

Reaction score
I charged my phone last night before I went to bed so it was at 100%. I unplugged it before I went to bed with a fulk battery and woke up this morning and it was at 20%. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve my battery life? Is there a way to disable the internet completely so the phone is not searching anything?

pope66682

Reaction score
Make sure bluetooth and WiFi are off when not in use. Also, get taskkiller. It will list all running apps and you can one-click to close them out.

OP
N

nhynes86

Reaction score
I tried that and it still seemed to die. Do you know is the phone searching all night is that why it is dying?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I charged my phone last night before I went to bed so it was at 100%. I unplugged it before I went to bed with a fulk battery and woke up this morning and it was at 20%. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve my battery life? Is there a way to disable the internet completely so the phone is not searching anything?

i went to bed at 80% and woke up at 60%.. not as bad as your experience, but i don't know why the battery is leaking so much.

bluetooth and wifi off.

smokin5s

Reaction score
there's a power saving app out there, I downloaded it and noticed better battery life since instaling it.

My question is, what happened to all the raves about how great the battery life was on it?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think there might be in your case something running in the background that is sucking up alot of juice, try using advanced app killer, or something close to it, leaving the base applications open i don't think will hurt too much, but most likely the apps you've downloaded you might want to keep off though.

krusers3

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Phone was at 100% when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning it was totally dead. It is now fully charged, and I installed task killer, but not really sure which tasks I should keep going and which I should kill.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Phone was at 100% when I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning it was totally dead. It is now fully charged, and I installed task killer, but not really sure which tasks I should keep going and which I should kill.

you really could kill all... if gps stops working when you wake ur phone up, just re-enable or restart your phone

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The apps that i keep open are the email apps, messaging app, my alarm clock, calendar, and my battery widget. The other apps so far that i've installed don't need to be running all the time.

krusers3

Reaction score
Don't think it is a battery issue

I posted yesterday about my battery draining. Last night when I went to bed my phone was at 70 percent charge. I put it on the charger and went to bed. When I got up this morning I could not get the phone to wake up. I had to take the battery out and put it back in. I then plugged it in to the charger and a few minutes later tried to wake the phone up and it came on. AT A 100% CHARGE! So something is making the phone shut down. I am calling my local Verizon now and will let you know what they say

krusers3

Reaction score
Who knows

I called my local Verizon store and they said bring it in. They told me that it has been found that if the apps are not written for 2.0 they can power cycle the phone.

When I went in everyone who worked there played dumb . They said that it's a new phone, everyone is still learning , yada, yada, yada. I felt like I knew more than they did just by reading these forums. They did say they would replace the phone. Since I am only 4 days into it, I decided to hang onto it.

I have removed all the applications except for the ones that were on the phone when I got it or ones that were from the Verizon app store. I will see if it powercycles tonight. If it doesnt then I will add back some apps one by one .

TommyGrubz

Reaction score
looking through the settings on the phone I noticed there is a way to see exactly what is using the most battery. From home screen: menu/settings/about phone/ battery use

To the people having the problem here: do you leave it on the alarm clock app all night while unplugged? If so, the screen stays on all night and that will kill your battery. I think the screen uses the most battery out of anything.