Battery life

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I too have terrible battery life. Maybe you guys can help me.

I just turned off the JIT so hoping that helps, but maybe its my CPU settings too. Right now I have the governor set to on demand and the min is 250 and Max is 600. I'm using Chevy's bundle kernal 2.6.32 LowV 1.0ghz. I have brightness set to auto. Any recommendations on what else to do? With those settings and JIT on I'd get maybe 7 hours normal use and less than 4 with heavy browsing and some games.

Thanks.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

0vermind

Reaction score
I too have terrible battery life. Maybe you guys can help me.

I just turned off the JIT so hoping that helps, but maybe its my CPU settings too. Right now I have the governor set to on demand and the min is 250 and Max is 600. I'm using Chevy's bundle kernal 2.6.32 LowV 1.0ghz. I have brightness set to auto. Any recommendations on what else to do? With those settings and JIT on I'd get maybe 7 hours normal use and less than 4 with heavy browsing and some games.

Thanks.

What rom are you using? Cause I'm experiencing similar issues. Although turning off JIT does help, for some reason, my battery just drains fast. Period. For me, it's been since the libcore changes in Cyanogen. Recently, Prime made a change to his kernel that increases battery life by using the BF Scheduler, I'll try that and report back.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
A lot of it has to do with how u have all of the other settings set as well, in addition to how u have your apps setup as well, if u use widgets, & how many screens u have set up, common battery killers are: widgets the more you have the faster the drain, do u have any apps that "auto update" or "auto refresh" at specific intervals such as facebook, any types of weather apps that run in the background etc...etc...u may want to also make sure that your phone is going into "sleep" mode properly when the screens is off by reviewing the battery info & stats comparing the phones screen on stats to the running stats, if your using setcpu what are the settings in the advanced tab at....there are so many minor variables that if overlooked can add up & drain a battery fast...do u leave bt on or off, same goes for wifi & do u have locations enabled or disabled, both network & or gps, is data roaming enabled or disabled, same with mobile networks, is roaming enabled or disabled...for most if not all the things listed to maximize battery life, if & when they are not needed keep them disabled.....i know there are more tweaks im sure i forgot, but its late & past my bedtime....lol

Aenima75

Reaction score
Just so you know completely discharging and then fully charging a lithium ion battery is very stressful for them. You can actually ruin the battery and or severly shorten the life of the battery. They also do not have memories like nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride batterys which need periodic full charge and discharge cycles. Ltihuim ion batterys are best maintained by charging as often as you can with the battery percent higher like 20 percent or higher. Even if its at 90 percent plug it in.

redoregon

Reaction score
Just so you know completely discharging and then fully charging a lithium ion battery is very stressful for them. You can actually ruin the battery and or severly shorten the life of the battery. They also do not have memories like nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride batterys which need periodic full charge and discharge cycles. Ltihuim ion batterys are best maintained by charging as often as you can with the battery percent higher like 20 percent or higher. Even if its at 90 percent plug it in.

And just to back up an accurate statement with numbers....

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Aenima75

Reaction score

And just to back up an accurate statement with numbers....

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

That was the exact site I was gonna use factualize my statement lol good research. I used to race electric hobby grade rc cars and you have to know a thing or two about the type of battery to get the most out of it. Also if you have a spare phone that is used as backup that is going to sit around for a while charge the battery fully and remove it from the phone before storage so it does not drain while sitting. A dead battery that sits for a long period of time is junk. If you need to reset battery stats to fix problems with the battery meter just reset with a full charge and then use it normally the software will self adjust as you use it and try not to let the battery get too low. Also lithium ion batterys do not last forever they have a limited amount of charge cycles before the batterys capacity steadily declines. IE if your battery is old and your battery life sucks get a new battery and if you want even better life get a high capacity battery. I think that's it... lol

smart999

Reaction score
My battery life is really good. I unplugged my phone from the charger and I've been using it for 6 hours and it only went down to 25%. And I'm not using extended battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

smart999

Reaction score
I don't know I have stock battery I guess its really good

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

gennie

Reaction score
Help! I've already changed the display setting. My battery is still draining fast... I checked again what was using up the battery and its "phone idle and cell standby" what should I do?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Try downloading OSMonitor from the market. Open it, wait a few secs. and see what's eating up your CPU. You can change the sort order to load % in settings. Once you find out what it is, you can kill it. Are you on a custom ROM or stock GB?