Battery life with Samsung extended battery?

Reaction score
Eh really personally on my nexus I don't see a dramatic change in battery life when I'm on 3g compared to 4g. It could just be me though, my 3g & 4g signal are usually 3-4 bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nor do i.

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Dammit I don't know If should go with this phone or not still... I really want to get it but all the issues (battery, signal, etc) are really making me think I should go with the Maxx.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Dammit I don't know If should go with this phone or not still... I really want to get it but all the issues (battery, signal, etc) are really making me think I should go with the Maxx.

Maxx has its issues too. No phone is perfect...cept the iPhone of course....

:D *loads troll cannon*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
if you don't use your phone it'll last you a day or two. if you turn on the screen, it'll be dead in 2-3 hours.

if battery life is of any concern to you, get razr maxx instead. it feels like it an energizer bunny that keeps going and going and...

WookieClaws

Reaction score

It's totally up to you; you have to decide what's important to you. I personally love ICS and have a hard time using my wife's Droid 3 now, ICS is that much better IMO. The Maxx will get ICS, but when is the issue. If that doesn't matter then there you go.

I got an extended battery... I also got a battery charger that came with a 3rd battery. I have a charged battery in my pocket in case I need it, and I rarely do. I stopped trying to baby my battery and just use the phone. Its super easy to swap batteries out though my kid teases me about being a drug dealer cuz I have 3 batteries, lol.

For me it comes down to OEM skins... I really don't like them and wanted a stock Android experience again; if you like Blur's feature's etc then that may not be a big deal to you.

I suspect (and hope) that 4.0.5 will be tweaked quite nicely for the GNex and if that's true all or most of your concerns will vanish. We won't know until we get the OTA for sure though. You can always wait until the OTA drops and see how we all react before making a decision. You know we will all be estatic or griping when we get it :)

craig8868

Reaction score
I just got my nexus last night...also bought the extended battery. Unplugged today at 6am and by noon it was pretty much dead aftyer moderate use (mostly setting up the phone the way I want it). I am hoping the battery life improves. I have not rooted yet but plan on it. Just trying to get used to ICS first. Any tips for me? Thanks

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I just got my nexus last night...also bought the extended battery. Unplugged today at 6am and by noon it was pretty much dead aftyer moderate use (mostly setting up the phone the way I want it). I am hoping the battery life improves. I have not rooted yet but plan on it. Just trying to get used to ICS first. Any tips for me? Thanks

Have fun with it, I love mine. ICS is great... to the point that iOS doesn't appeal to me at all. With PowerAMP I don't even need an iPod :) You should get a better feel for the battery after several charge/discharge cycles.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, don't panic about the battery after day 1. You'll be using/playing with your phone a lot more in the first couple of days. Give it 3-4 days to let the battery settle and that will give you a pretty good idea of what you'll get on stock. If you're unhappy, root and slap a custom rom/kernel on that thing and you'll be set.

craig8868

Reaction score
Yeah, don't panic about the battery after day 1. You'll be using/playing with your phone a lot more in the first couple of days. Give it 3-4 days to let the battery settle and that will give you a pretty good idea of what you'll get on stock. If you're unhappy, root and slap a custom rom/kernel on that thing and you'll be set.

thanks for the advice...battery performing much better today.