1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Life V1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by czerdrill, May 3, 2010.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

So how's everyone's battery life in BB V1? This is my first full day with it, so I'm still in test mode, but seems pretty decent so far. Almost 7 hours and I'm at 75%. Anyone have a full day with it yet, and can share how long their battery lasts and what settings they're using. I'm running 1.2 GHz kernel..
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Question on everyones mind is what have you done with your phone during those 7 hours?
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

yea kinda hard to compare battery lives straight up when you give no indication whatsoever as to what you did/didnt do during those hours
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Phone calls mostly...not any texting, and a little bit of web surfing. But about an hour to hour and a half of calls.
  5. kiyanofosho

kiyanofosho New Member

WAAAY better than when i had UD10
  6. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

Im sorry but I have been out of the loop and no mean to hijack thread, but what happened to the BD forum?

Also, I agree that the battery life for BB is much better than the UD.
  7. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

BD got suspended a while back
  8. elninost0rm

elninost0rm New Member

No animations, brightness set to lowest, no live wallpapers (if they're even on it), and nothing that really soaks up battery life.

Throughout the day, I occasionally text and stream music for maybe 15 minutes out of each hour. 30 second screen timeout.

In an 8 hour work day, I go from 100 to ~10% if I don't use my charger at all at work.

It isn't a PROBLEM to do that, but it is shorter that most people seem to report. Time without a signal is also 0-5%.

Not sure what is soaking up my battery. I use Hi Aim/Bluetooth (but turn it off when I'm not streaming). I've heard mixed things about Hi Aim using excessive amounts of battery. If this is true, any recommendations for a more battery-friendly IM program?

My top 4 after 2 hours unplugged:

1. Display (39%, no brainer)
    2. Android system - 26% (this one might be alarming...)
    3. Phone idle - 9%
    4. Cell standby - 8% (2% time without signal)

Oh, using the P3Kit 1.0 ghz kernel included with the ROM on ROM Manager. I *do* still insist on using SetCPU in order to actually see a visual report on the OC/profiles being used, but it's ~1% in my battery usage.
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
  9. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

:icon_eek:

If I am on the phone for an hour and a half, no matter WHAT ROM I'm using, I'd safely say after 7 hours I'd be at 50%.

How do you know you're at 75% anyway?
  10. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I'm just going by what the battery left widget is telling me, don't know how accurate it is. And I didn't check the system to see what it reports...
  11. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

OK, I'm not calling you out - was just curious.

Typically my phone's battery life has never been great. I get like 16-18 hours - this ROM runs very cool, so I'm happy
  12. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

yeah i usually got around 26-27 hrs, but now i dont think the battery life is a great as i initially thought, its been about 9 hrs and its reporting 50%, so definitely a drop in battery. Of course, I do have a 1.2 kernel and have all the animations etc set to fastest blah blah. So maybe flashing a lower kernel will bring back the life I need.
  13. elninost0rm

elninost0rm New Member

So you'd be dead after 18 hours, more or less. This is assuming you use your phone routinely during that period. The entire period.

Do you sleep? How does one *need* more than 10-12 hours of uptime? Plug it in when you sleep.

I get MAYBE 8-9 hours to 5-10% battery, which is much worse than you (running a lot less, by the sounds of it). No idea why I'm huurting so much but be thankful.
  14. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

I'll get 18 hrs more or less if I use my phone exactly the same way as I did today. Obviously, I don't have the exact same usage every day. I'm on the road alot, on the phone alot, so I need it to be working if I have a day where I'm on the phone 3 hrs as opposed to 1 and a half. Or if I text some days as opposed to today where I barely texted. Obviously, I can plug in my phone when I go to sleep, that wasn't an issue. But 18 hrs on a day where I barely used my phone is not cutting it for me, when I know that I use it far more than that on a daily basis.
  15. searayman

searayman New Member

battery left widget says i will get about 21 hours. Right now I am at 11h 22m and at 50% battery.

display 50%
    phone idel 19%
    Cell standby 15%
    media server 14%
    android system 13%
    Android os 4%
    google 3%
    helix launcher 2%
    google voice 2%
    android core apps 2%

I am running no live wallpapers, and have it oc to 600 and have it underclock to 250 when sleeping