Battery life/tips

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am sure I am gonna get ripped a new one for posting this question here but I was wondering what everyone does to help the battery life of their INC. I have the Seido 1750 battery and it really is horrible. Any suggestions in regards to apps or what to do/not to do to help extend my battery life. I really dont want to get a bigger battery because there are no full cases.

Thanks so much

GT944

Reaction score
I suppressed my gut response to this, but please use the search function. There are so many of these battery life threads, its really gotten out of hand. I'm not meaning to be rude here, but..

Sent from my ADR6300

Billybaldin

Reaction score
The biggest single thing I did. Turn off Facebook notifications. Honestly though like was said above there are plenty of posts on the topic. Everyone uses their phones for different reasons. Some are text heavy , some are talkers. Maybe your a social nut. Find the things that are most important to you and scale back on the others.

Sent from my DROID.

ugafan2081

Reaction score
How do you turn on Facebook notifications ? I hate having to open it and check for em ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hey everyone,

I am sure I am gonna get ripped a new one for posting this question here but I was wondering what everyone does to help the battery life of their INC. I have the Seido 1750 battery and it really is horrible. Any suggestions in regards to apps or what to do/not to do to help extend my battery life. I really dont want to get a bigger battery because there are no full cases.

Thanks so much

Seidio makes a 3500 battery, which lasts forever, that comes with a free battery cover, They also sell, for around $25.00 (on Amazon) a full case that fits over the extended battery and the battery cover they send. It's money well spent - at least it was for me. I get tremendous battery life without having to cut back on things like screen brightness or GPS functions.

-Mike

factory909

Reaction score
I dont know if I read it here on these forums or another, but another way to get some battery life would be to go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks and uncheck Enable Always-on mobile connection. My battery life went from 6-7 hours to...i dont know well into the teens.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
I have the 3500 and using the stock case just fine. I paid $54 and it has been running pretty well.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have the 3500 and using the stock case just fine. I paid $54 and it has been running pretty well.

I'm not following what you mean when you say "stock case" are you saying that you use the 3500 and the extended battery cover...without a case? The 3500 makes the phone too large to fit into a regular "case", which is why Seidio sells a case designed to fit over the phone, with the 3500 battery and expanded battery cover.

Just curious. :)

-Mike

Iowa

Reaction score
I dont know if I read it here on these forums or another, but another way to get some battery life would be to go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks and uncheck Enable Always-on mobile connection. My battery life went from 6-7 hours to...i dont know well into the teens.

Never heard this one. Going to try it :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

markymark

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks so much

I also have the Seidio 1750, I get 24-36 hrs easily between charges. I do not use Facebook or Twitter, I'm guessing they are big battery hogs. I am moderate phone/text user and have 3 email accts (Touchdown exchange acct syncs every 15 min, AOL and GMAIL immediate push).

I find in my house, I have a hard time getting 3G signal so I keep wifi on so the phone isn't constantly searching for signal. This helps the battery life a lot. If your phone is constantly switching 3G/1X then it will drain the battery. Also I turn off bluetooth when not in the car, this saves battery life too.

Obviously if you are playing games (angry birds) or streaming video your battery will drain fast.

markymark

Reaction score
p.s. Make sure you have that last OTA system upgrade that came out in November, it helped battery life a lot. The FROYO upgrade was a killer for battery life and made the phone take forever to charge, after the Nov system upgrade the battery life and charging speed are back to 2.1 level, at least for me.