Battery Life Testing/Observations (Rooted Only)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
on the subject of cachemate...I have only been running it for a little while, but it seems to use a lot of battery juice. More than normal anyway.

I will leave it on my phone for a few days and monitor its power consumption...I would like a full charge and full day of usage to see how it compares to other parts.

Display accounted for most..

then cachemate accounted for more than android os.

Something is definitely wrong there. I have Cachemate installed, and it doesn't show up anywhere in my power consumption. It should only use power while clearing the cache.

yeah...I had freshly installed it...was in setup and clearing cache, and putting a cache widget on the desktop, so I think that is why it showed up in such a short period of time. That and I was recently connected with the laptop. So...that battery use info was based on like 5 minutes of operation since last unplugged.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

heavyvino

Reaction score
Yes I have cleared my dalvik cache, I don't know what it is or what it does, but I cleared it.
I also am using cachemate and that cleared 21megs.

My swift key keyboard started saying application not working, dont rember the wording, so I restored with titanium backup, no good uninstalled the app. Best keyboard I ever used.

Still had random reboots, it will do 2 or 3 beboots then good untill you have to change the battery, then it will do it again, any ideas I don't want to switch roms as I really like this one, but I never had this problem with BB V.4

No I forgot to make a nandroid backup of ss 4.7 before the problems.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Deleted everything in the folder with Root Explorer then rebooted and went to cachemate and it said -24576 has been liberated lol not sure wth that means but i'll see later if this actually helped performance.... i did gain about 30-40mbs in memory

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Simply stunning 4.8 has a script for this in chevy tools...so if you are running that ROM, no need to do this through terminal anymore. :)