Battery Life Testing/Observations (Rooted Only)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only is battery life improved but overall UI performance is smoother

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After doing this, so far today, made 30 minutes of calls. Used the music player via bluetooth for an hour, played WSOP for 30 minutes. Checked emails and wifi "on" constant. 70% battery life after 6 and a half hours.

That my friends is just nuts compared to what I was getting before. I can go to lunch now and not worry about killing my phone.

96accord

Reaction score
After doing this, so far today, made 30 minutes of calls. Used the music player via bluetooth for an hour, played WSOP for 30 minutes. Checked emails and wifi "on" constant. 70% battery life after 6 and a half hours.

That my friends is just nuts compared to what I was getting before. I can go to lunch now and not worry about killing my phone.

Did you pay for the full version of WSOP?

drpaul07

Reaction score
Managed to get it done Cereal! Went and bought root explorer (been meaning to for a while) Found the dalvik cache folder in data. Deleted contents and I can notice a difference in snappiness. We'll see about battery life tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk Pro

excellent schmoo

Cyan 6 is in /cache

Sapphire in /data

I have dalvik cache in both /cache and /data. All the files inside /cache start with 'system' and all the files inside /data start with 'data'. I'm running CM6. Isn't that how everyone else's shows it? Would I clear both of them?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Managed to get it done Cereal! Went and bought root explorer (been meaning to for a while) Found the dalvik cache folder in data. Deleted contents and I can notice a difference in snappiness. We'll see about battery life tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk Pro

excellent schmoo

Cyan 6 is in /cache

Sapphire in /data

I have dalvik cache in both /cache and /data. All the files inside /cache start with 'system' and all the files inside /data start with 'data'. I'm running CM6. Isn't that how everyone else's shows it? Would I clear both of them?
Just use CK's second set of terminal instructions. Works great. :)

drpaul07

Reaction score
excellent schmoo

Cyan 6 is in /cache

Sapphire in /data

Just use CK's second set of terminal instructions. Works great. :)

I don't see one to clear both..just one or the other. So I guess to clear both, you just add the two commands together before rebooting like this?

$su
#cd /cache/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#cd /data/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#reboot

96accord

Reaction score
So I recently installed CM6 onto my Droid and followed the instructions in this thread and I received the following:

Total Time: 11hr 8mins
Battery Life Remained: 40%

Definitely WAY better than what I was getting with the Bugless Beast V0.4 ROM and not doing the tip in this thread!

-Jeff

ufearme3

Reaction score
running ud8 and I cleared both as well with no issues :)

Grinchy, or anyone else, I'm running UD 8.0 as well... I don't see any folders/files with "Dalvik" (searched using astro at the root of the phone)... how did you clear your dalvik cache in UD 8.0? Both my \cache and \data folders are empty... is Astro hiding the system files or something?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buy Root Explorer and no file or folder is safe

In Root Explorer data/dalvik cache

ufearme3

Reaction score
Buy Root Explorer and no file or folder is safe

In Root Explorer data/dalvik cache

Ahhh I see, so tricky Astro was hiding the folder! Thanks tparker! I REALLY appreciate it. I turned on "god mode" using the UD settings and then searched using Astro and sure enough the folder came up! Deleted its contents... going to reboot now!

Thanks again!! :icon_ banana:

beckx020

Reaction score
My Moto Droid is rooted. But otherwise just plain. Is there a way to script this so I can put it under an icon on a home page? Then I could just run it once a week or month or whenever I think I want to.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
after I did this when I was having problems with UD8.0...after I rebooted...my widgets were stacked like 10 on top of each other. I dont know what couldve caused it.

I used terminal and did the above cd /cache/dalvik-cache then rm * and reboot.

I dragged my youtube widget to the trash can and there was another one underneath it...and another and another...and another...like 10 of them stacked on each other.

I checked all my other widgets and ALL of them copied themselves like 10 times...

I have since then wiped and restored to Chevy ss 4.7 with 928Droid black glass theme...and Im worried to try and do it again.