battery life sucks

bionic4.0

Reaction score
I hardly used my droidd all day and it was dead By 6:30pm. Mostly display at 35% but I only sent 1 text 1 phone call and messed with face book for 20 mind or so at lunch. Yet I'm dead. My wifes phone is still above 50% she has spent 30min on phone 15 text and time on facebook/internet.
What could cause?
My phones sayin a holster screen covered all day

EbE404

Reaction score
I hardly used my droidd all day and it was dead By 6:30pm. Mostly display at 35% but I only sent 1 text 1 phone call and messed with face book for 20 mind or so at lunch. Yet I'm dead. My wifes phone is still above 50% she has spent 30min on phone 15 text and time on facebook/internet.
What could cause?
My phones sayin a holster screen covered all day

Could be a wide range of things, but did you happen to leave Bluetooth, WiFi or GPS running at times that they were not being used or could not get signal?

OP
B

bionic4.0

Reaction score
No more then any other day. But like I said display was at 35% every thing else was 10% or less

EbE404

Reaction score
No more then any other day. But like I said display was at 35% every thing else was 10% or less

Wait, when you are talking about the display percentage, are you talking about the brightness setting or battery consumption percentage?

Also, is this behavior unusual, and can you confirm that GPS is actually turned off? Occasionally, that can get left on, lose signal, then suck the battery dry searching for signal.

Any other details? Rooted, ROM, kernels, etc.

More info will help.

OP
B

bionic4.0

Reaction score
Battery percentage and it is stock 2.2. Ill try gps completly off tomorrow. And see what happens i have tried it with wifi off and have not noticed a difference I guess cause we have great wifi at work. But I still don't under stand that with my phone in stand by in a face in holster. My display still used so much power on that scale.

bfg_z71

Reaction score
What's the refresh rate? My e-mail was at 5 minute intervals and that chewed up battery.
Also, how is the cell signal? When I'm in a poor cell/3g area, it chews up battery like there's no tomorrow...