Battery life significantly reduced since 4g and HLK75D update

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have another post that I discussed the system turning on when I close the lid even after I have pressed the power button or it has just naturally gone to sleep.

I have been concentrating on making sure the display and the unit goes to sleep. I fully charged the Xoom from a completely dead battey. With absolutely zero use the device completely drained in less than 2 days in sleep mode. Before the 4g and HLK75D update, I had not used the device for like 5 days, and the Xoom still had a quarter battery life!

The very same thing happened to my Samsung Fascinate phone when I went from 2.1 to Froyo 2.2 (which was 6 months AFTER everyone else got it). The 2.1 Fascinate could last between charges and day and one-half; 2.2 Fascinate could barely go 6-8 hours, even with every known setting tweak and/or turned-off.

I have tweaked the Xoom to all that I can do. I have performed both methods of Factory Reset. I have even changed the setting to use just CDMA, however, I primarily (as in almost always) use my Wifi at home, and wifi via Hotspot at work (work pays for hotspot :-] ) I wanted to test the 4g last night so I took the device into the big city - but it had already drained since I had just fully charged it less than 2 days ago. I was very surprised, and disappointed.

I 'chatted' with Motorola the other day, and they just gave me the link to manage battery life, all which I have already done. Love the device, but am very disappointed with the battey life that went from great to dismal.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

randypi

Reaction score
I sent my xoom in for the 4g upgrade. I don't notice much difference at all. I would suggest you take a look at your apps as the culprit. Even if they are the same apps as when you had just 3g, the 4g upgrade could be using one of them more for some reason. But I really think it is probably an app or two.... Good luck.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have no change in my battery life after having had the 4g mod completed... Are you rooted and rom'd?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

karpuz

Reaction score
same here

I have the same issue while I was browsing internet it seems everyone has same issue hopefully Motorola come some suggestion or upgrade is it posablle to share link to manage battery life thanks

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
IIIIIII

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I did a factory reset (again). Just reached for the Xoom that has been lying on my bed all day , and again, there was the faint glow of the screen. The screen is on, in my closed case (the one with keyboard). I have now noticed each time this happens, the screen has "your music library is empty". The screen must be touching the music symbol key on the top row when closing. Funny thing is there is no leather band that in the bottom middle edge on the case that holds the Xoom, so nothing should be pressing on ithe music symbol key. I guess I am going to turn my keyboard OFF after each use to see if this is preventable. Regardless, I would think the screen would auto-off. Maybe I should exchange the case?